Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Pride of Nottingham (Notts County Community)

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

YoopEyes

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by YoopEyes

  1. I think Platt, McDonald & Iorpenda were very close on my list - McD probably top. Grant wasn’t too far behind and Tsaroulla 5th. Not sure I voted for anyone else, maybe Palmer once. Very impressive to see such a long list (c half the squad) & some strong contenders. It’s only a small sample of voters but it still reflects the overall contributions made by the group. Very few, if any, passengers in most games.
  2. I think sales are continuing to go well tbh. Hospitality is selling well on level 2 and the better seat sections are only being released as the cheaper ones sell out. Crazy policy to me - we booked hospitality straightaway in case the best seat sections didn’t go on line. Thousands of people, like me and everyone I know, want to sit on the side, not behind the goal. More than happy to pay whatever it costs. Don’t panic, there will be min 25,000 Notts fans in the day, no danger.
  3. What do you disagree with? It’s a fact that you can, legitimately, “spy” on opponents up to 72 hours prior to a game. Why would you bother - as it’s pretty pointless? It remains a fact that, as such, any half decent solicitor, let alone a KC, would crucify the reasoning of the disciplinary body involved. They’ve made a complete Horlicks of it tbh. I’m no longer in the legal profession but I would have taken this case on in a heartbeat. It’s a fact that there are negative consequences for various fan bases and for Hull. It’s a fact that Boro lost - they have no legitimate claim to be reinstated. If beaten sides are going to go on & win competitions then any sport is heading in the wrong direction. If you throw Soton out - Hull are promoted, end of story. Losers gaining advantage after they’ve been knocked out of a competition is a nonsense, in anybody’s sport or language. It’s all about scale, balance and identifying the offence, its severity and its impact. If you add in the fact that any film or photographic evidence was destroyed it rather negates any practical “impact”. The decision is simply unfair and unjust and should, rightly, be over turned in any Tribunal or due legal process. It probably won’t be in this case because it would cause even more turmoil and admin issues. I would presume that Southampton will seek damages accordingly if they remain so badly wronged.
  4. The decision is totally disproportionate - for any number of reasons. The severity of the breach has not been properly considered in a balanced manner. Clubs break all manner of rules - some matter, some don’t. Playing ineligible players is a serious offence that can affect a result. Videoing training just isn’t a major concern and has zero impact on a game. Let’s examine the actual evidence; Previous offenders have received far more lenient penalties - Leeds got a £200k fine & Bielsa admitted he did at every game! The rules state it is perfectly acceptable to “spy” on opponents up to 72 hours before a game, it is a relatively minor breach of a rather insignificant rule. No quantifiable advantage was gained - every Club sits and watches endless hours of dvd’s of every game opponents play. That is the critical intelligence data, not some stuff from a practice session. They aren’t going to learn anything significant about set pieces, formations etc - nobody can predict how a game is going to transpire and what situations will develop. Plus, Soton did not win any of the 3 matches involved. Then we cone to the fans - totally unfair on fans who have bought tickets, transport and hotels etc. Even unfair on some Boro fans who now may be away for the B Hol, having lost the semi. Plus, little time for others to make arrangements. The most serious problem for the EFL is allowing an already beaten team to possibly gain promotion. Additionally, Hull now only have 3 days to prepare for a different opponent. If Boro go up there is zero integrity in the game - they are out, they’ve lost, they have no further part in the competition at all. The time to boot Soton out would have been prior to the 2nd leg, not after it. It would have been as equally iniquitous then too, of course. It’s the AFCON decision all over again, absolute madness.
  5. Starting lineup is likely to be the same, dependent upon fitness/injuries. I don’t see the argument for starting with Palmer tbh. This will be a battle against a strong, physical but quick and combative team. We have been far more solid & effective with Robertson & Norburn as a partnership. We’ve overcome Chesterfield in 2 games, why mess about? Both offer more in the opposition’s half too. I’d say Palmer is a steadying, controlling influence once the game is “won” or we are, comfortably, on top. He’s not the man for the first 60 mins at Wembley, and he has “previous”, remember? The only disappointment for me is not being able to find a starting place for Grant. His energy, movement, touch, awareness and skill is tailor made for this occasion. I think he’ll be on the bench but suspect he’ll make an appearance early in the 2nd half.
  6. Agree, very tough call. I’d go for Norburn tbh - hugely energetic, aware and combative display. Solid team display, absolutely no passengers - but special mention to Ness & McD who were both immaculate and Belshaw, Bedeau & Robertson put in great shifts too. What we lacked in passing accuracy and clinical finishing we made up for with grit, finesse, organisation & collective effort. The skill levels of Luker and Iorpenda were very evident. I’d also give a notable mention to Jones, I think he’s been sub par this season, he was superb for an hour. Great stuff.
  7. Thought Cook’s head was going to explode a couple of times! Solid, disciplined display. Generally good all round but Robertson, Tsaroulla and McD were all very impressive. Robbo provided the steel and combative element, Tsaroulla protected Ness and kept Dobra then Pearce quiet. McD was composed and assured, as usual. Others did their jobs, Luker scored with a quality finish & Iorpenda was industrious and positive. Belshaw made a couple of good stops too. Overall, we’ve come away with an advantage and we need to make that count on Friday.
  8. I was reliably informed that actually McD & Ness were actually signed as the main centre backs but both got injured pre season and Platt & Bedeau started ahead of them last season. They were intended as the cover as I understand things. In respect of composure, awareness & positional sense I’d say McDonald is, by a distance, the best defender we have. He’s the bloke I’d build the defence around tbh. Bedeau has been effective as an attacking left sided defender and, after a brief spell where he’s been out of sorts, he looks back to normal. I’d prefer him at lb in a back 4 and do away with the wing backs.
  9. Agreed. If we do get promoted, or not for that matter, we need battlers with talent. On that basis, I’d keep McD & Platt for certain. Not sure about Norburn tbh. I’d probably let Kouhyar & Bennetts go - Maz just doesn’t quite “cut the mustard” and Bennetts is simply too inconsistent. We ought to be able to do better and, with a bit of luck, “can” this fixation with wing backs altogether.
  10. Hmmm. The problem with Salford is that they have Graydon! They demolished MKD’s a few weeks ago and they looked strong, sharp and clinical when it mattered against both them & us. Yes, we chucked it away after seemingly salvaging a point - but that was the difference. In a one off with Salford we’d have to improve, considerably, and they’d have to, effectively, “not turn up”. I don’t feel optimistic about beating any of these 3 tbh but I reckon Grimsby would suit us the best. If, and it remains a very big if, we beat Chesterfield then it’s “game on” at Wembley. Personally, I’d prefer the fishy folk tbh.
  11. We played well at Colchester & the same starting XI delivered an industrious and creative 45 mins on Sat. Absolutely no reason to change for Chesterfield in my view. Over 2 legs it is going to be a huge task - I’m usually optimistic but our failure to turn pressure into goals and our defensive frailties are serious concern. If we get it right we should win but it needs that extra level of concentration, application and finishing. We don’t want to be “out Cooked” again!
  12. It’s a pity we were slow out of the blocks in the 2nd half and we failed to adapt to their changes. The opening 45 mins were full of enterprise, creativity, pace and we got the ball forwards quickly. That reappeared in the last 10 -15 mins, to an extent. We are too pedestrian with Palmer, he never picks the incisive through ball. Ndluuurv and Hall may as well have stayed on the bench tbh. It was always going to be a tough gig and we just can’t seem to get over the line in these tight encounters. Chesterfield will be the same, another nerve shredder…….. Our lack of finishing worries me greatly - as does our defensive frailty, we are almost bound to concede against big, physical teams. Chesterfield are a big, physical team…..
  13. The reality, as I see it, is that us winning today is the least likely option of the 3 games that have to go our way. I can see Cambs losing and Salford doing no better than a draw - but us beating Brizzle Rovers, (who I still “hate”, even more now Evans is in charge), is an enormous challenge with a somewhat hybrid team/formation. I’d be surprised if the starting XI doesn’t include Grant and I’m not certain about the injury list. Is Palmer fit, for example? I’d expect last week’s team to start again if they are all available, why would you change that? Whatever the line up, it is going to be a tough old battle this pm. Let’s hope we do the business and go up without the “play off pantomime”. The nerves were shredded last time!
  14. I’m sure we’ll have a right good go - but our fate still remains in the hands of others. That’s the big factor, we can only take care of our own affairs, whilst following the proceedings elsewhere - and hope all goes in our favour.
  15. Those odds appear right to me. We could make auto - but it is highly unlikely. It is also highly unpredictable because life, incl football, is a bit like that. The fact that Brizzle haven’t beaten any top 6 Clubs recently is irrelevant really. They are confident, have momentum and they are managed by Evans. I’d say our prospects against them are the biggest concern tbh. Our record in key games isn’t great…………. We have been extremely inconsistent at home in 2026…….. We might just pull off the win this time, of course. Having said that, I just can’t see both Cambs & MKD losing tbh.
  16. Palmer injured, presumably? More than decent looking side tbh.
  17. Baffled by the criticism of McD tbh. He shone like a beacon in the 1st half when Bedeau was getting fleeced down that left side, often because Jones offers him no cover at all. Ness misplaced headers and passes but Rod McD won every aerial challenge and cleared the danger numerous times. After 30 mins I got a text from a mate in the Family stand saying “good job McD’s turned up”, to which I replied “he’s the only 1 playing at the moment”. He was composed on the ball and hit the 2 best long passes of the game. I think he was maybe a tad flat footed for the winning goal, but again there was just no challenge, tackle or awareness from the team in the build up. On a day where several were way off the pace and lacked the guile and tenacity required, I’m not sure how McD can be singled out for criticism. Have a look at the video, he was immense for the most part.
  18. Hmm, not a tough choice really. Only 2 candidates for me, McDonald, who defended on his own in the 1st half and provided composure on the ball and was solid in everything he did. Iorpenda provided energy & grit, which was sadly lacking in Norburn today. I’d go for McDonald, simply because Iorpenda’s end product & final ball often let him down - but he was the only player offering any threat until Luker came on. We need their Glover (15) & Stead (10), not to mention the gigantic Chinedu (22). They were the 3 outstanding players on the pitch today. I’d have had a contract in Glover’s hand before he reached the touchline when they subbed him. We have no one with that pace, energy & creativity. He tore Bennetts apart from wing back then moved into central midfield and ran the show. Yes, he conceded the penalty but we have no one who’d have got back from the opposition’s box to make the challenge!
  19. We’ve been inconsistent & largely unpredictable all season. Thus, we may well string 3 wins together - as we have on a few occasions already. We have a habit of pulling rabbits out of hats. I remain cautiously optimistic, but anything other than a win tomorrow, pretty much, extinguishes any prospect of automatic promotion. 7 points might still be enough, 6 won’t in my view. The concern will be L1, should we get there. Having watched Luton v Stockport last weekend, (as well as the more “rural” approach of Mansfailed), I’d say we are miles off either of the standard required. They all movethe ball forwards quickly and accurately. The pace of the game, physicality of the defenders and the energy & movement in midfield is a cut above anything in L2, by some distance tbh. Interesting to note that my “Stags”mates rate Abbott very highly in the energy, mobility and skill departments.
  20. Well, it’s all cool here, no problem. It’s not OTT - just a different perspective, particularly in respect of the “predictability” reference, that’s all. It may well not have been intentional but it sounded a tad patronising. Happy to leave it at that & move on. I just read it differently to spirit intended.
  21. I must admit, I’m puzzled by the veiled criticism of those who choose not to vote on this occasion - first time I recall it happening. Thus, I’m not sure how it can be “predictable” that some people have abstained. Why does there have to be a MOTM, come what may? It’s a totally arbitrary, subjective decision. There is no compulsion for an individual to be singled out in a team event, in any game tbh let alone a desperately poor collective performance. If you feel the need to name a MOTM irrespective of nobody earning or deserving it, that’s entirely a personal matter. Seems odd to imply that others have failed in their responsibilities.
  22. Hard to pick anyone tbh - tough gig and we failed to turn up, individually and collectively. I think any player would be embarrassed to pick up a MOTM award. Far easier to list players who weren’t anywhere near tbh. Thus, I’m abstaining on this occasion. It is too difficult, arbitrary and my head is hurting too much to name a MOTM.
  23. An energetic and combative first half, followed by a slightly disjointed and far less fluent second. Through it all Ndlovu kept trying and his control was a dramatic improvement on Jatta. Norburn was gritty and determined & Ness was solid & alert plus he scored 2 great headers. In patches, Grant, Kouhyar, Iorpenda & Bennetts were impressive. Palmer faded in the 2nd half and neither Macari or Bedeau were at their best tho’ both had three moments too. Belshaw made 2 great saves and looked comfortable. The cameo from Luker showed how much we’ve missed him. Absolute quality on the ball, confident and he scored a screamer. Others did well but Ness has to be MOTM. 2 terrific headers and did his defensive job, pretty much, without fault.
  24. Absolutely. The main concern is that we might not get many of the 6 injured players back at all - or have to “nurse” a couple in over the last 2 or 3 games. The fact that Bennetts offers a decent threat from wide positions (defensively, he’s not great but better than Jones) helps, a bit. I’d like to see McDonald and Tangen fighting fit asap. Robbo would be a massive bonus but if Norburn can stay on the pitch, he is decent enough in central midfield too. Having 2 or 3 of these blokes back in the fold for next Sat would be a confidence boost - at least, it would for me.
  25. That’s the problem with social media! As I’ve said to others - teams lose matches, not individuals. It’s Salford 2 Notts 1, not Salford 2 T Hall 1. Collectively, we lost and, arguably, we threw a point away but everyone made errors, with the possible exception of Belshaw. I’m critical of Hall, Dennis, Jatta and Kouhyar today. They all made mistakes but they weren’t alone and none were personally responsible for the defeat - that’s a team responsibility.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.