New Chief Scout?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This seems to have been overlooked, during Shaun Derry's post match interview Colin Slater asked about this rumour. Terry Dolan - I have no idea who he is or what he offers us as the chief scout.

As of 1 January 2014 Dolan was appointed chief scout at Notts County.

I've heard he was a good footballer in his day, does anyone know more?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Dolan played for a few Clubs notably Huddersfield, together with Trevor Cherry, when they got into the top flight in the 70's. He managed Hull for a few years in the 90's, then Brad City and York, amongst others.

Journeyman player. Old stager, been around, knows the lower Leagues. Interesting & intriguing appointment.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

as this been announced? i cant find anything about this at all.

as this been announced? i cant find anything about this at all.

I can't find anything on the Official Site but searching that is like looking for a needle in an haystack! I'm surprised this as been overlooked so much, i can't see why though. I can't find anything on the Nottingham Post site - oh well.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I heard we had a new Chief Scout but I didn't know who, lets hope he spots some talent for us, I take it the old Chief Scout has left then? Was he responsible for finding McGregor and Grealish? If he was he wants a knighthood not the sack.

the last one left, i forget his name but weymouth once linked us to his blog. matt alexander seems to jump out at me? think hes moved onto bigger and better things.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

the last one left, i forget his name but weymouth once linked us to his blog. matt alexander seems to jump out at me? think hes moved onto bigger and better things.

Yes, I think you are right Liam I believe he was related to Keith Alexander (Lincoln Manager?) who died recently.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Yes, I think you are right Liam I believe he was related to Keith Alexander (Lincoln Manager?) who died recently.

Matt is Keith's son. Good bloke who was appointed by mad dog, so has seen a few changes at Notts. Had a text from him before Xmas saying he wanted a new challenge. Haven't spoken to him since. Will let you know if I do.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

This seems to have been overlooked, during Shaun Derry's post match interview Colin Slater asked about this rumour. Terry Dolan - I have no idea who he is or what he offers us as the chief scout.

I've heard he was a good footballer in his day, does anyone know more?

He played for Avenue as a kid and for the Bantams when I lived in Bradford. I remember him as a quality midfielder in a poor 4th division team. Very experienced bloke

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Good news for me, we might give young Ferguson a run for his money picking those non-league gems up now.

They are out there, he has proved it time and again at Posh. Let's get amongst em and see what we can unearth.

Good news for me, we might give young Ferguson a run for his money picking those non-league gems up now.

They are out there, he has proved it time and again at Posh. Let's get amongst em and see what we can unearth.

Fingers crossed! If we can get them in and around established players, I think we could but we need to see more effort from those who know what it's like being in the basement and then pushed into the limelight. Boucaud for example - He seems a player who on his day his worth 3x what we paid and yet he becomes a shadow of himself the more he features as a starting 11 player.

Perhaps more experienced/mentors would see this through?

Peterborough have many players these lads would look upto, we don't really have many players of this nature now. Bishop would have been one, though I'm struggling to name any in our existing squad. I would like to Fotheringham but I'd rather see him focus on his own performances, if only we could get the pre-season out of him within league games.

i wonder if hes any good at finding players, whats his managerial record like? i hope hes not being lined up! sorry. :(

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Don't worry liam, i think Derry is here for the long term. Even if we go down, he'll be here.

Archived