Notts County Cricket Club launches initiative to reduce carbon emissions at Trent Bridge

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  874
  • Days Won:  1

Did you hear about the initiative by Notts County Cricket Club to reduce their carbon footprint at Trent Bridge? They have partnered with Event Cup Solutions to provide reusable cups for drinks instead of single-use plastic ones. They say this will save 250,000 cups from going to landfill every year. Do you support this initiative or not? Do you think Notts County Football Club should do something similar or not?

• Like 4

• Content Count:  493

It would surprise me, but cricket is a sport that is viewed more casually. Perhaps Notts should consider adopting this strategy to reduce costs, though they would have to think about how to manage the associated cleaning expenses.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It's quite a novel idea that certain sports teams in the UK adopt: I am aware that some basketball, baseball, and hockey teams are already exploring such options. Notts could definitely consider looking into it if there's potential for benefiting their operations and saving money. 

While plastic pollution is increasingly becoming a concern, implementing changes that aren't practical would not be worthwhile. Therefore, the key is to carefully evaluate the merits of this idea and ensure that its practicality and advantages are substantial before making any moves.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

if it saves the environment and proves to be cost effective, yes but the main concern i have is the condition and how clean the reusable cups would be. i assume they are cups you take with you and clean yourself?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  874

In my opinion, although the concept of reusable cups aims to address significant environmental concerns, it appears that implementing such an initiative at Notts would not be a viable option. The current operations are frequently fraught with delays and inefficiencies; thus, adding this extra element could further exacerbate wait times and impede customer service. It is crucial to acknowledge the need for environmental responsibility, yet striking a balance between sustainability and practicality is essential. Perhaps a more suitable alternative could be explored, one which complements the operational flow at Notts, whilst minimising our ecological impact.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can't see it catching on very easily, even within cricket. People will still go in with their own drinks, inside bags and leave the rubbish behind. A reusable cup isn't going to solve much in my opinion.

It's a nice idea but it will prove to be flawed.