How do you introduce Notts County to someone who doesn’t know much about them?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am certain that we have all encountered football enthusiasts or individuals who have little knowledge about Notts County, which is a recurrent circumstance for me. I assume it is a one-of-a-kind experience for all of you residing in the United Kingdom. I'm intrigued as to how you acquaint people who are unaware of Notts County with the club?

Do you have any particular strategies for introducing Notts County to new fans, such as sharing memorable moments in the club's history or highlighting its notable players and successes?

How do you persuade potential fans to support a club that may not be one of the most well-known in the UK?

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

there are a few foreign workers at my work place, i have tried to encourage them to come support notts. they dont speak english very well but are passionate about football. i remember a group of us talking about football, one of them thought we only had one club. i told him about notts, he thought it was nottingham forest. i offered to pay for them to come to meadow lane when the low tickets were on offer but i think they felt nervous.

every now or then i will tell them about notts and they are picking it up. the one who thoughts notts were forest, he now knows of macaulay langstaff and claps every time hes mentioned. :D 

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Oh blimey, it's quite surprising, isn't it? Even folks you meet at work sometimes don't have a clue. I remember when my workplace offered a chance to watch a local team play, and some Nottingham locals thought Notts County were the cricket club! When I told them it's my team, one person even said they thought they were more northern than Forest. 😂 I do me best to politely educate people about how Notts County is the original Nottingham club, and that they're not about cricket. Gotta spread the word, eh?

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have always tried to make sure that people who follow football, yet live away from their club give Notts a chance. I worked with a lot of Polish people awhile ago; they always spoke highly of football and I suggested that they should go to Notts.

Their background information on Notts was a little basic to say the least. A co-worker who is on here and is of the red side - would pipe up about going to see real football if he overheard me talking about them going to Notts.

I sell the togetherness of the majority of fans, that we would do right by fellow fans and that we're a very friendly club.

Forest doesn't allow children under the age of 4 to attend games, but a family friend named Adam went to at least one game with his family in the family stand.

I could tell some stories about being asked what shirt I am wearing by actual people who should know better and, whilst it's funny. I tend to ensure they get told off for asking such a silly question. :D