Football Manager

Chris

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Not tried the new one yet due to people reporting lots of issues.

It's a game that goes in fits and starts with me. Its a go to game when im on a lomg break and bored, but takes up so much time i rarely play it now.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

First signing:

Abdoulaye Keita. A decent keeper (probably good as Bart), but at only 22 my scouts say he will be much better in the future. Not too much spent on wages, and a free transfer to boot. 

46r.gif

Quite a few signings, I will post full transfers once I'm complete.

Been a bit frustrated at not being able to get rid of dead wood such as Fotheringham, Arquin and Haworth. No-one wants them, not that I blame them. Got rid of JCR as mentioned previously, along with big Enoch. 

I'm pretty happy with the way the squad has shaped up, maybe 1 or 2 loan signings required for back-up.

First game of the season we played Sheff Utd. A nail-biting 3-2 win in the end, but doesn't tell the whole story. Utd scored early, after 2 minutes, but Joss Labadie equalised around the 30th minute with a stunning half volley from outside the area. New striker (no spoilers) banged in a 2nd just before half-time and Dean Leacock got a header from a corner to make it 3-1 after around 60 minutes. I thought we were pretty much in control.

Wrong. Gary Liddle gets himself sent off for a second bookable offence. Silly. I wasn't too fussed as I had Manny Smith on the bench. Of course, 5 minutes later, Leacock picks up an injury, no other defenders on the bench (waiting for a defender to sign). So I shuffle the defensive midfielder to CB. We were under pressure the rest of the game but managed to scrape through with a 3-2 victory.

Good first game, apart from the injury and sending-off. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

@countylad-mattie it sounds to me as if you have logged in as Charlie Mcparland

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

OOoo... That's below the belt!

If we discuss tactics and managers, Charlie's was far better than two other managers who took change in his final season and perhaps far superior than the majority before hand.

Just to note, your comment did make me laugh! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played for awhile.

I'm considering doing one with Derby County and blogging about it, I've read quite a few in-depth FM Blogs and I thought I could do a very good job with it. I still need to get my head around the tactic system, as my sides generally dominate games but this doesn't mean we always win.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Ooh 'eck,@notts-joe in charge of my team.When do you play that lot?Can you get us some good defenders?

Ooh 'eck,@notts-joe in charge of my team.When do you play that lot?Can you get us some good defenders?

My main goal would be to keep Will Hughes and sign another good striker, I think Derby have a good team to start with to be fair but 300k won't get me far. Thankfully I would know how to sign players who have been released, so I can easily find players.

If I don't report back or blog, I've got you relegated. :angel:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Being above you know who will do me.

Well, we started the season OK and the squad is good. Good enough IMO to get into the play offs.

However, Ray Trew has just sold to a rich Arab, who plans to replace me, although has said he is considering keeping me.

Really disappointed if they do end up sacking me.

Lost the first game to Crystal Palace as when we were 1-0 up we were reduced to not only 10, but 9 men. Lost 2-1.

Won in the carling cup and beat Barnsley 6-4, despite being reduced to 10 men before half time. Will probably be looking for a new club soon!

Ended up sticking with me! Over doubled the wage budget and gave me around 2 mil to spend! Also upgraded the training facilities and youth facilities.

Doing pretty well in the Championship this season. Not sure how rich the owner is, will know next season I assume! 

I posted a screenshot of A. Keita, the goalkeeper, earlier in the thread, this is what he's like now in 2016.

w5wn.png

Ended up sticking with me! Over doubled the wage budget and gave me around 2 mil to spend! Also upgraded the training facilities and youth facilities.

Doing pretty well in the Championship this season. Not sure how rich the owner is, will know next season I assume! 

I posted a screenshot of A. Keita, the goalkeeper, earlier in the thread, this is what he's like now in 2016.

w5wn.png

His stats have improved quite nicely!

Doing pretty well you say, yet you haven't mentioned a position. Where are you? 7th? Good Luck with the rest of the season + next year. Don't annoy your new chairman, embrace him and the money should come flowing. ;)

Well that's not bad, plus at least @super_ram will be happy!

Beat Forest in the Play-off final, that will make it more exciting! :D

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

ive started a new game on football manager 13 on the classic mode managing a random team got vauxhall motors mid table atm in december highest goal scorer a certain gary martindale.

Confidence is pretty low.

I've started a new game on the quicker version, I manage Derby as mentioned. Lost all the 3 opening games! First two only by one goal, changed formations and lost 2-0 at home to Leicester. To be fair though, first game was Blackburn and the other Brighton.

Marton Fulop, Yven Mayo, David Bentley and Adriano are my signings.

The game as Fulop unable to play, however he's not injured. I'm not sure when he will be made available, I can't help but feel they should just make him suffer a long term injury. Adriano as fitness issues but doesn't half look the part when he plays. Impact player I suspect!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

had 2 let martindale go as he wouldnt re sign replaced him with steve basham atm hoping 2 loan some decent players just managed 2 avoid going down on goal difference this season 11 games in and struggling again in 20th and out the fa cup 2 matlock.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I wish this thread hadn't been kept going. Ive had to reinstall 2014 and can see many hours sat a my laptop playing it now. Once an addict, always an addict! I think I might wait for the transfer window update though. Half term is in a few weeks so i know where I'm spending my time :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I wish this thread hadn't been kept going. Ive had to reinstall 2014 and can see many hours sat a my laptop playing it now. Once an addict, always an addict! I think I might wait for the transfer window update though. Half term is in a few weeks so i know where I'm spending my time :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I hope you will multi-task, we need our MOTM as active as possible. ;)

I toggle between the two, although I convinced the basic/quick versions buggy on mine. I keep losing! It's not right, I'm going to start a normal one up and compare. Same tactics etc, it just seems so odd I dominate games but opposition score. I have read comments about it not being as good though!

Enjoy half term buddy!

Well I started a full game, I really disliked the quick mode career.

It must have a bug in it because I am using the same tactics, almost the same players (this time I lost out on some) but importantly it's balanced. I'll have to send a report because it's unheard of losing 10 games and drawing 1! Why wasn't I sacked? :P

Archived