Peterborough United Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

I thought you might be interested in what the posh fans are saying.  I personally felt a massive sense of pride when I read...

'Notts County lined up very wide (which was obvious with the diamond formation and the qagmire of a pitch) They stretched us and were one of the best teams I have seen at LRE this year!'

This is from the match thread on their forum....link is...http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24422&start=75

for anyone who wants to have a read.  There are some other very complimentary comments about us on that thread, including one who said that if we hadn't gone down to 10 men we'd have won 10 nil!

I always think that the opinion of rival fans about our team is a really good measure of how we did.  Although you'll always get some fans who just see their own team, you usually get some considered opinions.  If you're all interested I'll make it a regular thing, posting bits from our opponents forums, as I usually have a peek, if not a comment, despite not seeing the match (Sean if you're reading!)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

dad lost it yesterday after the second goal, he came bursting shouting you pies. he does this a lot but i had hope we would win.

shame about the score but at least we played well.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Just watched the highlights.

Their lad has Murray in a headlock which really is a bookable offence in itself. I don't think it's a punch as such from Murray, admittedly the camera dosen't give the best view but it appears he just pushes his arm into the P'boro lads chest to try and get him to let go. As is our luck with refs this season he didn't see that. Ronan will learn from it I'm sure.

Posh's first goal is a great finish from Ajose, and the third - Bart has absolutely no chance. Think the fourth is dissapointing, you always are dissapointed to conceed from a corner. Especially when its a quick corner. The one time we swithced off all game...

All three of our goals were really well worked. I still believe if we continue to play like this we will manage enough wins to survive. We have 27 points. 8 wins would give us 51. 50 points is normally safety. 18 games left...

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If anyone wants a read of 'the Posh' Programme - Thanks to @Dan the cameraman

You can locate a pdf version on their very website; here

I quite like the bits on Notts, it's different and usually opposition sides don't cover us all that well in my opinion but they've done a good job. I warn you, you must put on a pair of gloves before clicking on 'here' and at all times they must be worn during reading. Only after can you take them off! This is a Posh mag for Posh people! If you haven't got any, you can borrow @GrannyPie's

IMG_0255.JPG

I just know I'm in serious trouble when I wake up tomorrow!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for joining us, glad you enjoyed it. I have to try things, I feel cheeky to ask but it's a case of 'if you don't ask' - I didn't think so many would respond and it's great to see, really glad they did because it helps.

Brilliant night for us here :)

Did anyone hear the first song that BBC Radio Nottingham played after the game? Talk about rubbing it in.

So what did they play?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

I noticed you guys was two to nothing up and very early on.

What the hell happened? Keep fighting!

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

So what did they play?

Tragedy by the B G's

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

They should have played 'I will survive' by Gloria Gaynor!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Or 'When the going gets tough,the tough get going' by Billy Ocean.

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

We seemed to be playing well at first but then they managed to pull it back, a shame... look ahead to the next game and hopefully a win.

Archived