Superstitions/rituals

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think this has been covered before but does anyone have any particular superstition or ritual that they follow before going to the match or listening to the match.

I would have said I didn't until last Saturday, when I leave the house for the match Mrs. H. usually says "I hope they win" (mainly because she know's if they don't I will be in a foul mood when I get back) but this Saturday she didn't, I got in the car and realised she hadn't said it so I had to go back and tell her to say it in case it brought bad luck. :lol:

Not that it did much good, perhaps the reason they lost was because she didn't say it without being prompted. :unsure:

I hope she says it next time.

What superstitions or rituals do you have?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I used too, like always going to games with a lucky shirt etc.

I don't really, I think once you figure it's nothing you stop but everything from throwing salt over my shoulder, to not stepping on cracks.

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

deja vu here tony... :P

im not really superstitions tbh 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

deja vu here tony... :P

im not really superstitions tbh

I thought we had probably discussed this before but as I have demonstrated before on here I have the memory of a goldfish. :biggrin:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought we had probably discussed this before but as I have demonstrated before on here I have the memory of a goldfish. :biggrin:

No, you mentioned this in a different topic (not related to the subject). I'm surprised more haven't gotten involved :(

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I can't think of any tbh. I've gone through my matchday plans and I do follow the same routines, but there more to do with arranging the wife to be busy with the kids, getting my dad to drive to the ground, he always demands we leave 5 mins early 'to beat the rush -for god sakes father. We've been doing this for thirty five years now. Has there ever, ever been a bloody rush at the end?', having to retune his car radio to radio nottm to listen to Colin driving back as he always successfully stuffs it up in the space between one match and the next.

To me these are routines though not rituals as such!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Over the years me and my mates used to meet up in various pubs in Derby.Due to work commitments or where we lived we arrived at different times but invariably in the same order.If someone arrived earlier or later than usual and in the wrong order they would get the blame/praise  for the result and would be ragged unmercifully.We also stuck to a certain route from the pub to the ground until we lost.

Archived