Preston North End Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Not an entirely unexpected result, but the penalty decision was atrocious. PNE are a strong side, especially at home, so no need for Pies fans to get too downhearted!!

Keep believing!!! :yes:

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I felt very much let down by our defending yesterday.

The amount of goals scored and the total of shots against us in the past 3 games is totally unacceptable. pilks had a great game, yet he should not have been called upon so much. it annoys me how we dont defend, its basics and if we dont learn to mark properly we will be punished. Right now we cannot afford this to happen and I felt preston was much more direct compared to us.

campbell ryce looked the only one likely to make a difference for me. COME ON NOTTS WE CARE!!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought we looked okay from the highlights, we need to learn to defend. Marking is something I have been stressing for god knows how long, our ability to create chances from the centre of the part needs work. We can do it, cross all the time is pointless with one or two players in the box - We need to see the lads get in their and gamble but I do honestly feel with a better strikers we could have scored some.

Preston looked very good, they mixed things and the penalty which was given was clearly not.

However, I still feel we can survive.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

Its a shame we did not draw or win, not a bad result. I still wished I had gone but i did have fun yesterday.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Being pinned in our own half doesn't help!

Enoch or any lone striker for that matter, wont contribute unless some support comes there way.

It may work against the lower end teams, but the formation is failing against the bigger tests.

That is the problem, we dont get men behind the final third.

The game was lively, we had some chances but we need to be brighter.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I feel Enoch (or any number 9 for that matter) is getting a raw deal in the current formation. Any good centre back should be able to keep hold of the lone attacker with his partner CB gathering up the floater role that Mac is employed in at the mo.

We need some of the push on tactics. Hate to bring it up but both games on sky recently under Chris K did show a forward thinking team. In fact the JPT against Wolves was a very impressive display of forward pushing on and it put Wolves on the constant back foot meaning they couldn't handle us, considering we were the bottom of the league club. I don't believe the line of its only for tv either. Anfield quite possibly - see Arquin.

Molineux on a wet Tuesday evening in the tin pot cup - not really an impressive fixture by anyone's standards tv or no tv!

Archived