James Sanderson

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,372
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Congrats to James who has signed professional terms with Notts County.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Supporter+

This is really good news for our club. It's just like having a new signing. James has lots of talent and potentially can go far in the game.

• Like 11

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,078
  • Days Won:  162

this is great news, i hope stuart maynard manages to find a way for james sanderson to get game time so that he can get up to the pace of the senior players. i hope other youth players manage to get a chance to add depth to our squad.

sanderson looks to have a very bright future with us.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Good luck to the lad, and hopefully see a bit more of him over the next month or two. Hopefully next season (or even this if we can ever get Morias and Randall fit) comes around, we’ll help his development by loaning him out to a decent level team.

• Like 13

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Looked decent when we've seen a few glimpses. Hopefully he can push on and impose himself from the bench in the short term 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

He made his debut as a scholar/youth player? That's brave! A team could have easily come in and pinched him for less than a professional deal would bring. I am impressed by how he's handling the pressure on his head, which I hope earns him more game time. He looks like a real young talent.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Supporter+

@AmericanPie agree, he looks to have a really good future in the game.

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,360
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We are proud of you, James Sanderson! Congratulations to him for signing his first professional deal. I look forward to seeing more of his future appearances in the Notts squad. We want more of our squads spaces filled with home-grown talent.

• Like 11

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s wonderful to see a young player sign their first contract. As his contract nears its end, I hope he’s more involved with the first team and extends his stay by signing a second professional deal with the club. Our academy is making significant progress; we just need to give them playing time.

• Like 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

It’s commendable that Notts doesn’t just thrust the young ones into the fray, but I do think we should start giving some of them more playtime when the opportunity arises. If we’re controlling a home game and are comfortable, why not bring one or two on as time winds down? I’d be thrilled to see more of Jason Sanderson.

• Like 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  546
  • Days Won:  1

James Sanderson is a promising young player. He has the opportunity to be one of the first youngsters in years to break into our team and become a regular, provided he continues to work hard.

• Like 8

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

It’s wonderful to see a young lad given an opportunity and then a professional contract. That’s exactly what we, as fans, want to see. The ball is now in James Sanderson’s court. I hope he seizes any opportunities that come his way. He appears to be a unique talent.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,965
  • Days Won:  5

I know we’ve been here before, when youngsters sign a new deal and then end up never really featuring, but I’m excited about the prospect of James Sanderson. Not because of his debut, but because everyone who knows him speaks so highly of him. There was an academy coach who spoke about James being something unique and special. His first professional deal is an amazing milestone.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  910
  • Days Won:  2

He’s a brilliant young talent. I hope we integrate him more into the team. Gradually introducing him into games as a substitute would be a good start. From what I’ve seen, he seems ready for football, so I hope we give him that platform without hastily sending him out on loan.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,785
  • Days Won:  27

We should indeed give more game time to promising youngsters like James Sanderson. They can only improve with experience and by playing alongside skilled players. Our midfield should be a gold mine for such a young player, with the likes of Jim O’Brien, David McGoldrick, Matt Palmer, Sam Austin, Jodi Jones, and John Bostock. Best of luck to him!

• Like 3

Supporter+
On 22/01/2024 at 23:41, True Magpie said:

It’s wonderful to see a young lad given an opportunity and then a professional contract. That’s exactly what we, as fans, want to see. The ball is now in James Sanderson’s court. I hope he seizes any opportunities that come his way. He appears to be a unique talent.

Totally agree.👍

Agree @thommo I think he's got a great future, whether Notts will be able to keep hold of him is another matter once he establishes himself in the team.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  506
  • Days Won:  1

From what I’ve seen, Jason Sandersaon is a promising young player. I’d like to see him given 15 minutes of playtime when the timing is right. I hope this will continue under Stuart Maynard. I believe he has a bright future if we can keep him or properly integrate him into the team.

• Like 1

Supporter+

I wonder if we will see James Sanderson feature against Northampton tonight?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,308
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

I would be surprised if he wasn't, this young man has shown he can be a good addition to the First Team Squad, and the way the Notts Injury list is growing, it wouldn't be a surprise if he didn't line up the the Starting XI on a more regular basis.