discussion about match highlights and extended versions

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

do you watch the highlights?

i used to like watching the extended highlights that notts put out, but we dont seem to ever share footage that could be controversial. the tackle from luca stephenson is nowhere to be found. some of the referee decisions that lead to free kicks or even goals never appear. its almost like the league does not want fans talking about these crucial game incidents. if notts has the power, i wished they would release better quality highlights especially in the extended version.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I agree @liampie I like to see the Notts brief highlights to show the goals, but they should show critical incidents too, such as terrible challenges like this one, and also if the woodwork has been hit & the chances missed by Notts. Also they should show the move leading to Notts's goals in there entirerity, so we can appreciate the build up, & show the incidents leading to a penalty if there are any.

It would only need to be no more than a four to 5 minute highlight video.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

the media team does release footage that a person captures with a phone, he's usually stood pitch side and i think someone else stands else where to capture chances from the side of the pitch which are great to see but so many key incidents are cut out of the proper highlights.

they are basically goals, a missed effort and the occasional foul that leads to a card.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Notts do have a Youtube channel. They should be putting extended highlights on there up to 10 minutes say.

Their highlights of the Barrow game was just under 2 minutes, That's not enough really.

I'm sure it can't be down to cost, and Notts have a good media team in place too, that could produce a really good highlights show that would get more views.

There are lots of Notts fans, that can't attend matches for whatever reason, and can't watch the live stream either, due to cost or other reasons, and would welcome extended highlights from the club.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

I only usually watch the highlights if I don't see the match (on iFollow). Funnily enough, if I watch at the Lane, I can't wait to see the highlights!

I watched the extended highlights from yesterday and was also wondering where the tackle on Jones was. I think the main highlights are put together centrally and not by the clubs - there's also a neutral commentator. I doubt the club can do much about it.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

2 hours ago, Robbie said:

Notts do have a Youtube channel. They should be putting extended highlights on there for up to 10 minutes, say.

I disagree; I think the iFollow service is vastly underused. It could be an area where the club brought in some much-needed extra revenue. 

Notts are probably monetised on YouTube, but that's not much of a service.

The iFollow service should be packaged with the extended highlights; anything beyond 9–10 minutes should be something fans should subscribe to via the service. The issue is, everything of value is available for free on YouTube. The club in my opinion should balance this more and produce things for the iFollow to give value to that, encouraging fans to pay a reasonable subscription fee.

There are plenty of teams that take this feature of their OS seriously and make a reasonable amount of things which barely take much time to film and edit. Usually, I am against paywalls but once I used to subscribe to the iFollow service because I found the content to be worth it. I quickly became annoyed when the old media team left, and everything was being uploaded for free to YouTube. I have never done it since, but if the club refrained from this and produced quality content it would be far more beneficial than YouTube and Google's AdSense.

They could even get fans on board to help, however, this would need to be open and not biased towards certain areas. As this type of behaviour is very discouraging for fans trying to make a difference, plus it shows a greater sense of a community of fans. 

52 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

I think the main highlights are put together centrally and not by the clubs - there's also a neutral commentator. I doubt the club can do much about it.

The highlights are handled by the Football League's media now.

I know when Jamie Dixon, Ralph and Dane were at the club, Ralph would ask fans if there was any footage they wanted to see. The thing is, the club controls the match streaming and has access to that footage; however, it takes a considerable amount of time to produce the highlights. The club probably can't release single clips of incidents, due to rules within the EFL. I don't think it would stop them from allowing members of the ifollow or whatever it's called these days to have access to the full match footage.

Yet I do think clubs are mindful about the footage being leaked out to social media, which will always happen, including fan captured footage.

Personally, I think it would be best for the club to do their own extended highlights which go beyond the 9–10 minutes because even this tends to be heavily diluted. Sometimes games where nothing happens can look far better, other times I can imagine it's difficult to even produce a 4-minute video of them. Thankfully, these days we are far more entertaining but I strong doubt the club would release any footage that would make people question the officials or incidents within the game - despite the fact that I would strongly support this because fans should be seeing the tackle to Jodi Jones via the official channels.

• Like 1