Where will Macca and Jodi end up?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

There is of course a lot of talk of where Macca and Jodi may end up next season.  So here are my thoughts.

During the January Transfer window there was a lot of speculation that Macca was on the move and some Media even declared he was on to way to several different Clubs. Sunderland Birmingham City and near neighbours Derby County were mentioned, thankfully nothing materialized and it was just paper talk. However the rumour mill will soon be bubbling along and Macca will come under the Micro Scope of other clubs so if Macca does move where will he Go? If Derby renewed their interest and paid a decent amount for his services and he moved to Pride Park I think there may be a lot of Notts Fans who might just nip down the A52 for a look and see how Macca would deal with life in the Championship should the Rams get Promoted. Don't be surprised if Luke Williams doesn't try and convince the Swansea board to take a look at Macca. Finally it certainly wouldn't be (I think) out of the realms of  possibility that our Friends over the Boarder in Wales Wrexham put in a Bid should they get into League 1. It will be up to the owners to convince Macca to stay at the Lane ( I hope they do) but with the signing of AJ the return of Cedwyn Scott and Didzy  will it be hoped by the Notts Board they have enough cover should Macca be Sold to another Club?

Jodi Jones Record Breaker, Jodi Jones League 2 Player of the Season (Possibly) Shush keep it quiet. But a player that good Notts can't keep his skills and Talent undercover. At the age of 26 beating 3 ACL injuries looking at a possible early retirement from the game, shows beyond any shadow of a doubt Jodi Jones is also a Fighter a Guy who doesn't know the meaning of the word quit, and Now (hopefully) with his injury worries behind him, clubs higher up the Football Pyramid are Taking Note. Could Jodi hold down a place in the Championship? Maybe but I think it's more than likely should Jodi leave the Lane this coming off season it will be to a League 1 Club and that's where Wrexham (should they be promoted) come in. If the Red Dragons  do (and it seems highly likely) get promotion then a Double Bid for Macca and Jodie (I believe ) wouldn't be much of a surprise they would of course face opposition from other League 1 Clubs  in Jodi's case and League 1 and Championship Clubs in Macca's.

What ever the outcome  and I hope both are still playing in the Black & White Stripes of Notts County next season, both Guys will hold a Place in the Hearts of all Magpie Fans  and each deserve our Thanks for the Huge contribution to they have made to the History of Notts County Football Club. Thoughts?

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Macaulay and Jodi are in my opinion, Notts's most valuable assets value wise, they are also arguably Notts's best players.

There has been continual speculation about Macaulay's future since he scored a record number of goals in a season for Notts as they gained promotion.

Jodi became a hero when he scored a last minute winning goal for Notts in the playoff semi final and his record breaking assists this season has ensured that speculation about his future is rife too.

Langstaff still has 3 years left of his contract and Jodi has 1. I'm sure Notts will be keen for Jodi to sign an extension and other clubs may be reluctant to take on a player that's had many injuries in the past 

I hope that both will stay at Notts but if both want to go, Notts need to ask for £2 million;+ for Macca, and Jodi no less than £750K. These figures are based on lengths of contract left and the skill & effectiveness of both players.

They are both valuable assets and Notts need to cash in if they are sold, preferably to a Championship club, certainly not a League 2 club.

As I have already stated, I hope they stay for another season, at least till Xmas 24, to see if Notts are challenging for promotion.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

I think they'll still be here at the start of next season. Our board has shown no inclination to sell players before their contracts have expired in the past - think Ruben Rodrigues and Kyle Wootton, who both ended up leaving on free transfers at the end of their contracts. On the other hand, Macca and Jodi would command much higher fees.

There's more of a question mark over Langstaff in my opinion, as his scoring record has been stunning and he's bound to have a release clause. However, his age might limit his price - his next contract will take him beyond his 30th birthday, so any buyer would not be bringing in a player they could develop hugely or sell on for big money. In addition, the market is awash with out-of-contract strikers in the summer. I wouldn't blame him for taking a once-in-a-career offer, but so far there's been a lot of paper talk and no actual offers, and there's no reason to assume that the summer transfer window will be any different.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

Macca and Jones both need to move on for their own good.  We need to make sure we can get enough money to adequately replace them (attack wise I think with Crowley, Austin and McGoldrick with Scott and Jatta.. and Morias?? we are fine). Randall needs to come on next season, and going forward we should be OK  and we can use the money on defenders, defensive midfielders and a wingback or two for squad depth... and a goalkeeper, depending on where Brooks is in terms of development.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Ohh Tommy Johnson

Langstaff has three years left on his contract, Jones has one year left, he only got 2 years in the beginning primarily,I suspect, because of Jodi's passed fitness record.

Crowley also has one year left having signed a two year deal last summer.

If Langstaff wishes to go, Notts need to hold out for as much as they can.

I'm not convinced that Jodi will go though primarily because of those fitness issues 

Not sure about Crowley, He may want to go back to playing in a higher league, if so, Notts need to cash in if they can.

Three of our best players leaving Notts would be a big blow, but funds received could allow Notts to strengthen in areas that have already been identified such as Goalkeeper, defence and midfield.

So I am hopeful for next season, even if they do go.