FA Cup Replays to be Scrapped.

Robbie

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@DangerousSausage You're absolutely bang on. 

They feel it acceptable to travel thousands of miles to play friendlies because of financial gains yet they aren't willing to play a replay against say a league 2 side or below because it congests the schedule. Well I guess that's the price they pay for being successful, naturally it comes with the territory I guess. 

It was only a matter of time before clubs started playing their football abroad. Few years back I'm sure the Spanish Super Cup was played in Morocco. I know Morocco isn't exactly too far from Spain but it's still out the country in which it should be held. 

EVERY single club should have a say in the matter and it needs to be majority ruling.

If they're so bothered by the calendar build up maybe they should take a look at the money side of things and realise that's where it all stems from. I'm sure losing a bit of money and saving journeys will provide a better opportunity of cutting the fixture pile up rather than scrapping FA Cup Replays.

@Robbie Exactly that. Replays have provided so many great memories for so many smaller clubs over the years and it's part of the thing that makes the cup as magic as it is well known for. 

If they are to go ahead, despite the protests against it, cutting out replays then they should make it a matter of securing lower clubs in the financial term so they don't lose out and allow them the opportunity to either have the big stars come to their ground or have a chance of visiting stadiums they wouldn't usually get to see. 

• Like 1

Scrap replays because there's too many games being played but are more than happy to travel on a US tour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/czd8lz182vzo

The irony of this article that FIFA are being threatened with legal action over there new club competition coming in as "not everyone was consulted". This includes the same group that didn't consult everyone involved in the FA Cup to go ahead with scrapping replays. But I don't recall many coming out complaining about this new competition when it was first announced. Not to mention the new European format. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@KB1862

If money is to be had, the PL clubs don't care what others think, nor do the top half of  Championship clubs who all dream of getting into the PL.

This new competition is purely to give PL club under 21s the chance to get valuable match time.

The fact that National league clubs play 46 games, + FA Cup, & FA Trophy games is immaterial to the PL.

There are murmurings that PL clubs want to stage league matches in North America & around the World to make even more money

• Sad 1

On 10/05/2024 at 19:23, Robbie said:

The fact that National league clubs play 46 games, + FA Cup, & FA Trophy games is immaterial to the PL.

plus play off games and postponed games due to weather which means they then have to fit it all in in a short space of time

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Supporter+

Newcastle beat Spurs 5:4 on penalties after the match ended in a 1:1 draw at the MCG in Australia in front of over 78,400 fans.

The match would have earned both clubs millions in revenue just 3 days after the season had ended.

This match was also filled with controversy because the FA decided to abolish FA Cup replays recently on the behest of PL clubs because they were concerned about playing more matches and worried about players fitness and potential injuries 

Well this match shows them up for the hypocrites they are. There is also an injury scare for England too now with Trippier being substituted after 36 minutes.

• Sad 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

It's just greed pure and simple, everyone who plays in the FA Cup should've been able to vote and not just the top division teams. Like you both mention above, you can't claim fitness and fatigue being the reason when you then go and play a pointless exhibition match just days after the season. Now I don't want any player to pick up a bad injury, but if it does happen, they've only got themselves to blame...

• Love 2

Supporter+

@menzinho Well said👍

I agree entirely with your sentiments.

It is greed pure and simple.