Retained List, Keep, Loan out or Sell

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

So we now know the retained list, those players that Notts will be keeping, but I wonder what the plans will be for every individual on that retained list.

Will all of those players be in the running to be considered for the first team squad or will some of those players be loaned out or even sold?

We know the players that have been retained and will have their names already on the shortlist to be in the team.

I believe those players could be :-

Langstaff, Jones, Crowley, Nemane, Palmer, Robertson, Macari, Jatta, +1 new goalie, & 2 new defenders

Subs from, Bajrami, Sanderson, Mahovo, Austin, Brooks, Cameron, & Scott/ McGoldrick

Then additionally there is Chicksen, Slocombe, Morias, Stone, Rawlinson & Randall.

Three are available for transfer, if they are not transferred, will they be loaned out or not. Will Morias, Chicksen or Slocombe be loaned out or sold or kept as squad players?

Of course, this is all dependent on whether we retain, Langstaff, Jones and Crowley.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie that's the Big Question will Langstaff Jones and Crowley stay? Of the three the most likely to stay is (has I've said before) is Crowley, due to the fact (not that he's a poorer player than the other two)  he hasn't hit the headlines as much as Macca and Jodi what with both being in the League 2 team of the season, the Golden Boot winner in League 2 and the League 2 player of the Year. However both have stated their wish to stay at the Lane, but should that once in a Life Time Bid be put on the table and Notts just can't say No then both Players will be else where next season. Hopefully in the Championship if they do leave.

A New Keeper is a Must a Veteran with plenty of Experience backed up by young Brookes. I agree with ( more or less)  your other choices and their positions at Notts regarding selling and loan moves. A  New Captain/ Leader is also a Must somebody who can work along side Stuart Maynard and get players playing correctly and have the Knowledge to change things on the Pitch if he feels things aren't working out and someone who shouts controls the team and inspires players to play their Very Best and put in a performance each and every game. Sorry to single him out, But Kyle Cameron isn't that player.

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Listening to the forum tonight. A question was asked about any offers for our players and the answer was no there hadn't been 

I would have liked to have heard a definitive they are not for sale answer which didn't happen.

If the players are being allowed to go if the right offer comes, I would much rather things be settled quickly rather than letting things drag on, then having to look for replacements close to the start of the next season.

I only see Cameron & Chicksen as squad players and not first choices for the first team. 

I think Slocombe & Morias could do a job for a non league team either on loan or transfer.

I agree Brooks should be second choice and we need an experienced keeper.

I would go for two strong, tall, & experienced centre backs, a tough ball winning defensive midfielder & a wingback that's as good in defence as in attack. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

If you didn't listen to it tonight.

The first hour of the forum was a question and answer session with questions that were read out to the panel by the host from written questions by fans, during the 2nd part, which again lasted about an hour, the panel took questions from the audience.

The questions from the audience during the 2nd part of tonight's forum were not pre arranged but off the cuff.

All in all I think it was a worthwhile 2 hours of listening. I particularly liked the second half because the panel were challenged more than the first half.