Back To Back Promotions

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Congratulations to Ipswich who achieved back to back promotions after being promoted to the Premier League today.

Just a reminder that Notts did the same thing between 1989 & 1991.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

Funny how only Real Football Fans remember the time before the Premier League. I wonder looking back at the Creation of the Premiership how many teams would have Voted for it , knowing what they know Now and how it's turned into Financial Benefit for only a few of the Top Clubs and Detrimental to all other Clubs who play in the League. Good Luck to the Tractor Boys, it's going to cost you a Hell of a Lot of Cash to stay in the Premier League let alone being able to be Competitive in it. Lets hope your owners have really Deep Pockets.

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

We were talking about the American connection seeping into English Football.

I didn't know much about who owned Ipswich, but I did some digging and learned that Ipswich is part owned by an American Equity fund, that took a £105 million stake in the club a few years ago

Ipswich became one of the richest clubs in league one, then in the Championship.

No wonder they have achieved back to back promotions, and no doubt other Clubs like American owned Wrexham will follow.

Is this good for Football? Many people say it is, but I disagree. I don't like the way our game is going.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

It will be interesting to see how long American Owners stick around if their club doesn't hit the Targets they set. Take Wrexham the Ultimate Target is the Premier League but by when ? 2026/2027 is the fastest they can get there providing of course, they are Promoted in successive  years and aren't hit by losing Major players through injury or all manner of Problems which may hit the Club. It was said that if Wrexham hadn't been promoted then Phil Parkinson would lose his job. What Head Coach would want to work under those Conditions and such Pressure?

What if Ipswich come straight back down again? Will their American Part Owners want to keep putting money into the Club? In hope of a Return to the Premiership or just cut their losses and go and  Invest Elsewhere?

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Most teams that are promoted to the PL  on the whole, come straight  back down again.

Just look who's in the bottom 3 this year, & I would bet on two of those clubs getting promoted straight back next season if all three are relegated, (Sheffield U are already relegated)

It takes several seasons to get established in the PL like Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth, & Fulham have, so it will still be very hard for Ipswich to survive next season.

Will the owners be patient and stick it out, being a private equity Company?

The jury is out on that one

• Like 1