Nottingham Victoria insights

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

They definitely closed the wrong station,

I can remember as a boy when my parents were talking with their friends that if a station was to close it should have been the Nottingham Midland station, as it was called then.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

I think it makes sense as it is, but I didn't know Nottingham had others until I read about it here from a shared post. You want to break up the disruptions from incoming people and the chaos of shoppers.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think Vic Centre is a good location for a shopping centre that has a bus stop and car park. I think it would be more busy than it is now if there was a train station. The surrounding area is a nightmare at times to get out of by transport.

I'm glad they went with it, though I do at times think about the other station(s) thanks to people on here.

Nottingham Train Station always amazed me, until they put the glass frontage in, and now I think it's been ruined. I can remember my grandfather picking @super_ram as the taxi's waited inside.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

nottingham sometimes feels like certain parts could have been chosen better, but i think the current train station is fine because its near to things that makes sense.

i cant imagine vic centre being anything different.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I remember as a boy going to Victoria and Midland Stations with my Dad to look at the Steam Locomotives.

You could buy a Platform ticket then and stay as long as you liked Train spotting.

I can remember being so excited to see the trains. Would have loved a mobile phone to take loads of photos. 

When you think about how much it costs to lay a mile of track nowadays, and they tore up thousands of miles of track after Beeching, you do wonder how they could have made such a massive mistake closing down all those lines.

• Like 1