Supporter+

• Surprised 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The first thing I thought was cyber attack but apparently it’s a defect in content update according to Microsoft.

As long as PoN isn’t affected I’m not too bothered. :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

No, PON doesn't run off a Windows based server. Only those systems have been affected by this worldwide outage.

That person in the Sky interview clearly doesn't know much about technology. Asking if patches are being pushed out on purpose by the vendor shows a massive lack of understanding how quickly things can change within operating systems code. Most updates always include security patches, so cyber teams are often checking for vulnerabilities. It's these updates which keep systems safer, so it's not something that is done on purpose.

If he doesn't know this, it's worrying that someone would speak on behalf of the global outage, because he comes across as utterly clueless.

I do sometimes know these people do say daft things, just to spice up news reports, but this would further take creditability away. I would imagine the update had been tested within local environments and no issues had been detected. Whilst it shouldn't have happened, it's very easy for things to go wrong. Suggesting a small amount of code couldn't have such a significant impact, again shows a major lack of understanding of how things work.

Sometimes things only occur when they're in a live environment, it sucks, but you have to accept that sometimes it's outside of control.

At least it was acted upon quickly, and wasn't left for hours. As this is one of the biggest downfalls when things go wrong with code and operating systems. There are scenarios where debugging can take quite awhile. At least the issue was identified and quickly resolved.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

This Just In Due To Being Unable To Get Tickets To Fly Back To England Notts County Are Stranded In Germany..

Half Time From Prenton Park Tranmere Rovers 37 Notts County 0.

Well in the First half here at Prenton Park it's been all one way Traffic. The Rovers have been Truly Amazing and I must Say the Magpies have ben very Disappointing. However the Latest News From the Notts Dressing Room is Notts are Going To Park The Bus LITERALLY in the Second Half. I Can See The Notts County Team Coach Being Parked By It's Driver in front of the Notts Goal Before The Second Half Starts.

• Haha 4

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

The first thing I thought was cyber attack but apparently it’s a defect in content update according to Microsoft.

As long as PoN isn’t affected I’m not too bothered. :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

This Just In Due To Being Unable To Get Tickets To Fly Back To England Notts County Are Stranded In Germany..

Half Time From Prenton Park Tranmere Rovers 37 Notts County 0.

Well in the First half here at Prenton Park it's been all one way Traffic. The Rovers have been Truly Amazing and I must Say the Magpies have ben very Disappointing. However the Latest News From the Notts Dressing Room is Notts are Going To Park The Bus LITERALLY in the Second Half. I Can See The Notts County Team Coach Being Parked By It's Driver in front of the Notts Goal Before The Second Half Starts.

I was able to watch my team beat Stockport, via Ramstv, live from Spain this morning completely oblivious of any outage disruption.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, super_ram said:

I was able to watch my team beat Stockport, via Ramstv, live from Spain this morning completely oblivious of any outage disruption.

Well done The Rams, let’s hope for a double when Notts play tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

this is normal service for any notts fan trying to purchase tickets from ticketmaster, its really no better than the previous online ticket site. obviously i am joking but if its not for slow loading, errors... the site can throw errors very often.

• Sad 1