As This Happened To You?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

As this site is Mainly about Notts County and other Football matters (stories on other matters do come up) I thought I'd move off the Footy angle and ask

As This Happened To You?

The other week the Wife and I were expecting visitors, they were coming round for a meal a few drinks and Pleasant Conversation. However before this came about the Wife goes into Cleaning Mode, everywhere needs to be Cleaned Polished and Hoovered the house must be Pristine, all surfaces scrubbed and Sink and Taps Polished to a shine that hurts your eyes and of course I had to help not only with the Cleaning but the meal as well, washing and preparing the Veg and finally what seems like hours of hard work everything is Ready. Our Friends who we've known for over 20 years come round and an Enjoyable Evening is Had By All.

Of course the return invitation arrives a Few Weeks Later. We arrive at our Friends Door to bet Met and Welcomed by the Lady of the House. Do come in she says then Adds You'll have to Excuse the Mess. And the First Words Out Of My Wife's Mouth?

That's Ok Don't Worry About It. And I'm Like What the ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102
  • Days Won:  2

A bit of clutter is no big deal. It’s a sign that people can be themselves without fear of judgement. Your friends might have tidied up a bit, but the level of cleanliness depends on their comfort. Some effort should be made, but there’s no need to pretend as if we’re hosting royalty or a fussy guest.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Each to their own I say!

• Like 3

@KingMaynard

Are you Married? Most women of my Wife's era are very house proud everything needs have it's place and everything needs to be in it's Place. It was how she was Brought up and her Mother and Grandmother were the same.

It wasn't that my Friends House was Messy anyway I Just Think It's a Female Thing. Am I Right Fellas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Neither myself nor my wife are particularly house proud, I sometimes see our very house proud neighbours dashing about cleaning windows, polishing, etc and I think it must be a bit stressful keeping on top of things. We prefer relaxing to doing chores and if people don’t like that it’s their problem not ours but as @Robbie says each to their own.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My Old Mum used to say  People Take Me has They Find Me, And If They Don't Like It They Needn't Come Again. And you're Right Each to their Own

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

no its never happened to me but i know my mum is a very proactive cleaner and does not like seeing other peoples houses a mess when she visits. not that she would say anything. but she might at times just start to try to tidy things up. its quite funny because she cant help it.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We only have family and close friends over, and these days it's not very often at all. @cheeky~k8 will make sure the house is tidy, but she does this without the prospect of anyone coming over. She just doesn't stop finding things to do, so the house is kept on top of itself.

If we had people coming over, we certainly would make sure it was how it should be.

• Like 2