Weekday chat - Monday 29th to Thursday 1st August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good afternoon, I’m a bit late with this so apologies because I know you’ve been waiting with bated breath to see what’s happening today.

It’s been a lovely day and I’ve been mostly sitting in the garden apart from a few token efforts at pulling a few weeds.

How has everyone’s day gone, are you fed up with the hot weather yet? :joker:

• Like 3

Supporter+

Blooming hot again today, Mrs T has gone to the hairdressers, it’ll be a 4 hour job so I’m chilling out in the cool house. We’ve got to nip to the butchers later to get something for tonight’s tea, he does some lovely ham carved thick off the bone, so we’ll get some of that and have a salad. The ham is expensive but tons better than that rubbish you get in supermarkets.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

I'll be doing a bit of weeding if I can motivate myself. Isn't our British climate wonderful! We would win an Olympic gold every time if there was a category for most unpredictable and diverse weather.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Absolute scorcher today outside, more cloud but makes it hotter all round I think.

Continuing with helping the Mrs giving each room a good clean. Two bedrooms & bathroom done yesterday. Venitian blinds cleaned + windows and surrounds.

Blitzing the kitchen this morning. Got all the appliances out to clean behind. Mr Spider wasn't happy. He's having to make his way outside now.

Put up a new Venetian blind in the bathroom last night. Unfortunately the old fittings didn't fit, but managed to get the new ones fitted & the blind up.

Mrs just loves it now I'm retired.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Fingers crossed, I'll be able to get over to see and help @super_ram with his gardening later today.

I'll report back if I do; a bit of tree trimming and general tidying up might be nice. There was a good breeze yesterday, despite the heat.

• Like 2

Supporter+

It’s Wednesday, the middle of the week, we are taking our grandchildren out today to get them off their gadgets for a while, we’ll go for a walk somewhere and lunch, I hope it’s not too hot for walking.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Another lovely morning.

It was very warm last night. Had to have the ceiling fans on, but put them in reverse to just circulate the air around.

Up early to do some shopping at Tesco. Fruit and Veg ok if you select your own. Shop fairly empty this morning which is unusual.

Just having a rest today after the house cleaning for the last few days. Hopefully finish off tomorrow & Friday.

Wood Pigeon update.

She's still sitting on her eggs in the nest.

• Like 2

Supporter+

We had a nice walk down the canalside which was lovely and shaded, this was after waiting an hour for one grandchild in the bathroom doing their hair, we got to the pub ordered our drinks and asked for the lunch menu, “we don’t do lunch on Wednesday” AARRGHH!  So much to young Fred’s delight we had to resort to McDonald’s after our drinks.

This is something I swore I’d never do, grandchildren had to show us how to order on the screens to be supplied with our food in cardboard boxes. I had a chicken salad and was told by Fred that “no one ever goes to McDonalds to have salad Grandad.” It was passable but the cardboard knife and fork was impossible to eat with the knife just bent when I tried to cut the chicken!

Hopefully that’s the last time we have to go there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I went to help @super_ram do some gardening, basically taken a lot of tree branches down. @super_pie helped, despite him not feeling well. Despite being tiring, I do enjoy it and will certainly go back to trim the branches into easier sizes to get rid.

Coming back, @cheeky~k8 cooked me a double cheeseburger and some chips. I can back very thirsty and hungry, so I really enjoyed that.

• Love 3

Supporter+

Good morning it’s Thursday and thunderstorms are predicted but they usually skirt around us so I’m not expecting them but it’d be good for the garden.

We’ve not got much planned for today after our long walk yesterday we are going to have a rest.

Have a great day everyone.