Speeding in Notts, A38 hotspot

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I hate speeding, it's pointless and just causes issues. It's not the car(s), but the drivers. So, many bad drivers speed and think it's perfectly acceptable. That said, it's quite well known that laser speed guns usually are poorly maintained and not calibrated properly. I know, the police will say otherwise and even if you research it, a lot of places state "accuracy and reliability in measuring vehicle speeds." but again the laser speed guns need to be checked before use and often they are not.

It's the issue with the police issuing them to "staff" rather than actual trained officers, or training the staff to calibrate and maintain them.

Still, it's very shocking to see such high numbers recorded in Nottingham.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i have one of those devices which records my speed and the dashboard, so that i can prove my speed. i have been pulled over twice, once for allegedly driving to slow and once for speeding. both times my dashboard cameras and speed monitors proved otherwise. the police love to try to catch incident people, but you never see those driving like maniacs getting pulled over.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

When I was driving a 6 wheel, 29 tonne rigid it was limited to 50 MPH even when driving on the motorway.

I could also manually limit my top speed too, which came in handy, when the speed was reduced on motorways.

The vast majority of HGVs have limiters on board.

I've heard all new cars are now fitted with limiters, so as the years go by speeding will hopefully be a thing of the past.

Of course there will be always be some who will get a way round the limiters but they will stick out like a sore thumb 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’m a good boy, I can honestly say in 50 years of driving I’ve never been caught speeding, I think I’ve just been lucky however because it’s very easy to let your mind wander for a minute and you end up doing 35 in a 30 mile limit.

152 mph is highly dangerous I hope they had the book thrown at them.

• Like 2