Is It Just Me?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,132
  • Days Won:  17

A very quick and simple question.

As Jodi Jones bulked up ?

I don't know if other PON Members have noticed but it seems to me, that Jodi Jones appears much bigger than he did last season. It Strikes me he's put on more bulk this year, by that I mean (to me any way) he seems bigger and more muscular in his appearance. His face seems fuller so as he decided to Bulk up to help more with his defensive duties and make it harder for opposition players to bundle him off the Ball? Or Is It Just Me?

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Days Won:  163
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I agree, it looks like Jodi's bulked up a bit. He's certainly playing a lot better in his defensive duties,so are the rest of the offensive players.

That's one of the reasons the side has improved defensively.

However, the majority of the credit for our defensive improvement has to be given to Macari, Platt, & Bedeau, with Bass in goal.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

I’ve seen a few people mention this too, I’ve always thought he was a bit stocky, that doesn’t quite seem the right word for him though… chunky, thicc? You know what I mean, a bit like Ruben was. But it's funny how he does look a bit beefier in the away strip, it’s our vertical stripes, they really do make you look slimmer!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Not playing football probably made him struggle, so I wouldn't be surprised if he lost weight during that period and the awful time he had at Oxford. It takes people a little time to adjust, so now he seems fully settled he might be putting on a little bulk. He could also be enjoying the gym more. He's still in great shape.

I also think he's playing with a bigger shirt size now, which can give the impression someone has gained weight.

He's probably hitting the gym and enjoying his revived career; I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't had spells with depression based solely on how he speaks and talks. In his recent interview with Notts, he looked tearful.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

i cant say i really noticed but i do think he is looking a lot fitter, so hes probably just training hard in all departments. a strong body, should help keep him playing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,132
  • Days Won:  17

You certainly raise a few good points @Chris. I also noticed that in the photo stills of Jodi his shirt does seem to hang more loosely on him. And in reference to his last interview he did say he'd been hitting the Gym as I recall, however I just assumed that would be part of his daily training regime anyway. Jodi's start to the season as been excellent and if he continues in that vein expect a Lot of clubs, higher up the Football Pyramid come sniffing around the Lane come January. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

I’d say he’s a bit more toned now and has some definition, whereas before he just looked like a typical footballer. I don’t think it’s that much, though.

• Like 1