PoN Diary (16/02/2014)

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

So, what have you all been upto today (or currently plan to do)?

I'm preparing to go out, decided to take the children to the part. It seems like one of those days that you wouldn't want to waste sitting inside and doing only vitual things. The plans to go to Vernon Park, we used to go all the time when Jake was younger but with things the way they are these days it's a little awkward.

Plus the children was looking forward to seeing Granny and Super Ram, with them being at their house. It leaves us with some spare time!

I will of course still be around, though limited compared to normal. When I get back I need to do some admin tasks, along with some other things. YP!

Share what you have been upto/doing. :)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

have a good time joe, you deserve to relax a little with your family especially while schools out.

im hoping to watch the cup game, anyone know if its on tv? apart from that its a lazy day for me.

have a good time joe, you deserve to relax a little with your family especially while schools out.

im hoping to watch the cup game, anyone know if its on tv? apart from that its a lazy day for me.

Everton vs Swansea is currently on ITV 1 - 45mins in I believe

Sheff Utd vs Nott'm Florist is one TV - (Fox Soccer Plus) Online stream required KO 3pm

Arsenal vs Liverpool (BT Sports 1) KO 4pm

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

its the arsenal one i want to watch, did not know about forest being on. that could be a laugh! thanks joe.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Looking forward to the Arsenal v Pool match.Hope it's as good as last weeks league game which L'pool won 5 - 1.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We've got our eldest grandchildren for the weekend, been to the park, built a den, had a bike ride.

Yesterday we went to Snibston Discovery Centre and learnt all about coal mining amongst other things.

Well we do go to Vernon Park and we had a very nice time.

Ava made the most of the free gym/fitness equipment, she was really funny on the park but there was a point she just kept going towards the park area and just stood looking (while we was kicking a football around).

1653756_10203496492195863_570729886_n.jp

Jake and Ellie also went on them, although Jake was more obsessed with trying them all. Ellie joined in playing football, we tried to hit the cross bar with the ball. Ellie couldn't get the ball off the ground but she could kick it quite far, Jake wouldn't try. After we went on the actual park, we had a go trying to get our ball into the basketball hoop.

Jake won around of 5, then myself and then kate. We had a final round to see who won overall, Jake was trying very hard but it was between me and @cheeky~k8

We then went to have something to eat and troubled aroused, so we need two super heroes! Watchout Folks!!

1959354_10203497115611448_270593284_n.jp

Uni Kitty

1795650_10203497116171462_1172564885_n.j

Batjake!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Have had my son and two eldest grandchildren over for Sunday lunch, and a demonstration from Alicia of her latest gymnastic moves. Then gave the car a good clean and a wash. Watched some football and listened to Sheff U v Florest.

We've got our eldest grandchildren for the weekend, been to the park, built a den, had a bike ride.

Yesterday we went to Snibston Discovery Centre and learnt all about coal mining amongst other things.

A bit busy then @tonyhateley.I bet the kids loved it and you and Mrs.H. are cream crackered.

I'll put your procrastination (again!) down the weekend's exertions. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Hope you enjoyed the match @liampie-bet you liked one result!

Still recovering @tonyhateley?

Well we do go to Vernon Park and we had a very nice time.

Ava made the most of the free gym/fitness equipment, she was really funny on the park but there was a point she just kept going towards the park area and just stood looking (while we was kicking a football around).

1653756_10203496492195863_570729886_n.jp

Jake and Ellie also went on them, although Jake was more obsessed with trying them all. Ellie joined in playing football, we tried to hit the cross bar with the ball. Ellie couldn't get the ball off the ground but she could kick it quite far, Jake wouldn't try. After we went on the actual park, we had a go trying to get our ball into the basketball hoop.

Jake won around of 5, then myself and then kate. We had a final round to see who won overall, Jake was trying very hard but it was between me and @cheeky~k8

We then went to have something to eat and troubled aroused, so we need two super heroes! Watchout Folks!!

1959354_10203497115611448_270593284_n.jp

Uni Kitty

1795650_10203497116171462_1172564885_n.j

Batjake!

Nice to see you all enjoyed yourselves.

Have had my son and two eldest grandchildren over for Sunday lunch, and a demonstration from Alicia of her latest gymnastic moves. Then gave the car a good clean and a wash. Watched some football and listened to Sheff U v Florest.

Sounds like an enjoyable day.

It's nice to see everyone having a good weekend. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

Yes still recovery from the weekend and now got George and Freddy for three days.

I've just noticed the title of this thread "PoN Dairy" :biggrin" I'll have a pint of semi skimmed please.

I've just noticed the title of this thread "PoN Dairy" :biggrin" I'll have a pint of semi skimmed please.

Okay, so who's the prankster? I copied a previous one, so I know it wasn't me. :twitch:

Supporter+

Perhaps the one you copied was wrong.

Perhaps the one you copied was wrong.

I suspect you now...

None of the others are wrong :P

Supporter+

Not guilty m'lud, I'm an ex printing trade I can't bear to see mistakes like that it goes against everything I've ever been taught.

PoN Dairy is MY province ,notts-joe! Who's messing about ? How is it you notice little things like this @tonyhately but miss other thing? Procrastinating!!!

Supporter+

PoN Dairy is MY province ,notts-joe! Who's messing about ? How is it you notice little things like this @tonyhately but miss other thing? Procrastinating!!!

I am still protesting my innocence it was nothing to do with me. The reason I notice spelling mistakes because I have a trained eye, it has been hammered into me from the age of 16, in the printing trade we had a reader who would read all copy but we were still expected to check our own and others copy to look for mistakes because it was a fate worse than death to let a mistake go to print.

When I worked on a newspaper a colleague did an obituary to go into the newspaper and it should have said that someone had lost "a dear dad" instead my colleague put "a dead dad", you can imagine what upset that one letter "d" instead of "r" caused to the family when they saw it print and you can imagine what trouble my colleague got into for making the mistake.

As far as procrastination is concerned, this is the definition:

Procrastination is the practice of carrying out less urgent tasks in preference to more urgent ones, or doing more pleasurable things in place of less pleasurable.

@super_ram, are you saying that playing with and keeping George amused is less urgent or more pleasurable? I wish I could be on here all day but unfortunately other things get in the way, it is the same with my own forum, I have people complaining that I haven't been on there and wondered if I am ok. :rolleyes:

OK @tonyhateley ,of course family and certain other things take precedence but I've been hinting (perhaps with a sledge hammer) that there is something you haven't read or have chose to ignore. :unsure::shocked::rolleyes::ahappy::cry::crying::super::sheep: 

Supporter+

OK @tonyhateley ,of course family and certain other things take precedence but I've been hinting (perhaps with a sledge hammer) that there is something you haven't read or have chose to ignore. :unsure::shocked::rolleyes::ahappy::cry::crying::super::sheep:

You'd better enlighten me mate, I'm hopeless at hints, ask Mrs. H. when it's her birthday.

You'd better enlighten me mate, I'm hopeless at hints, ask Mrs. H. when it's her birthday.

Right,@tonyhateley, go to the home page and read and please comment on (favourably of course) my bloody article. :hyper::ahappy:

Supporter+

Ohhhhhh! You want me to read your article, why didn't you say @super_ram? :biggrin:

I must admit I am guilty of not checking the home page often enough, sorry mate I'll have a butchers later, we've booked George into an activity centre for the day so I'll have some time later when Freddie has a sleep.

Ohhhhhh! You want me to read your article, why didn't you say @super_ram? :biggrin:

I must admit I am guilty of not checking the home page often enough, sorry mate I'll have a butchers later, we've booked George into an activity centre for the day so I'll have some time later when Freddie has a sleep.

Tut tut, it's a great section of our site. :ahappy:

Supporter+

Tut tut, it's a great section of our site. :ahappy:

It is you are right, I tend to see an article I want to read and think to myself I will come back later and read that when I have more time but then completely forget. :doh:

Anyway @super_ram will be pleased to see that I have read his article and left a nice comment, perhaps now the word "procrastination" will stop appearing all over the forum. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

It is you are right, I tend to see an article I want to read and think to myself I will come back later and read that when I have more time but then completely forget. :doh:

Anyway @super_ram will be pleased to see that I have read his article and left a nice comment, perhaps now the word "procrastination" will stop appearing all over the forum. :rollonfloorlaughing:

He certainly will be pleased  and it's one less thing for him to be grumpy about.

Archived