January 26 Transfer Window.

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,372
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It maybe still more than 10 weeks to the January transfer window, but it could be a very important window for Notts County. 

Of course, lots can happen in 10 weeks or more. Notts will be hoping to remain in the promotion mix after the new year with the squad they have.

Notts should hopefully get a boost with the return of Jones, Edwards & Grant in January too.

So knowing what we know now, with 11 games of the season gone, in which areas do PON members believe that the Notts squad need strengthening, or do Notts need to be strengthened during the January window? 

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,308
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

I Think Notts are Going to have to Go for a New Striker. Which is going to be a Hell of a Ask, as in January a Proven Goal Scorer is as Rare as Hen's Teeth. Will Junior be Recalled back  into the Notts Fold ? It's Possible or maybe a Young Premier League Striker will be Drafted in, In the Hope that they ca hit the ground Running and Hit the Back of The Net on a Regular Basis.

On the Striker Front I think Notts will have a Fight to Hold onto Jatta  and even if they do I think he'll move on during the Off Season. And  by the time the Transfer Window opens will Cedwyn Scott be available for Selection? The Return of Jodi will hopefully be a Massive Boost to the Magpies Promotion Push, but Don't Expect Miracles from the Guy. I think the Notts Injury List Will Eventually take it's Toll on the Clubs Resources and We Fans may have to watch the Team Struggle and the Magpies seem due for another season in League 2 Next Season. I hope I'm Wrong because Hopes were High at the Start of the season for a Promotion Push, but the Notts Injury list could see an End To That.

• Like 1

Supporter+

It will certainly cost Notts if they go for another striker. I'm also concerned about the status of Dan Crowley in January. His contract is up for renewal at the end of June 25.

Notts need to be in a challenging position to ensure Dan stays, or alternatively, Notts may prefer to get a few quid for him rather than let him become a free agent.

So Notts may be looking for an attacking midfielder, a striker & a quick wingback come January.

• Like 1

@Robbie

This May Sound Harsh But If Dan Crowley Doesn't Sign A New Contract, By Christmas I Think Notts Should Offer Him For Sale, Because I'm In Full Agreement With You Notts Have Let Two Many Players Go On A Free In Recent Seasons. Ruben Was The Last. He Wouldn't Sign The Contract Notts Offered Him Before His Last Transfer Window, Before He Went To Oxford, When He Refused To Sign I Would Have Placed Him Straight On The Transfer List. It Should Be Like That No Matter Who The Player Is, Because It's Obvious That Player Doesn't Want To Be A Notts Player.

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man I agree that Dan should  be sold in January if he hasn't agreed an extension to his contract, but I think that Notts will hold on & just hope that Notts will be in a good position by the end of March to get promoted.

I think that Notts should have learned as far as Ruben was concerned, that holding on and getting promoted, is still not a sure thing of keeping a player who is intent on leaving come what may. 

• Like 1

@Robbie

To be Honest I Never thought Ruben wanted to be at the Lane, watching his Old Interviews he always gave me the Impression he was using Notts as a Window to Display His Talents in hope that a Club, further Up the Footballing Pyramid would come in for him. Which Oxford did at the end of the Season and Ruben just up Sticks and went, his Attitude always left a Sour Taste in My Mouth, I thought he Treated Notts Appallingly. As soon as he Refused to sign a New Deal with the Magpies, that December He Should Have Been Placed On The Transfer List.

• Like 1