Aren't kids funny?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We took our Grandson George to the YMCA Day Camp today, they spend the day there and do all sorts of activities which keeps them occupied and hopefully wears him out. We walked there it is about a mile and all the way he was singing "Its fun to stay at the YMCA" at the top of his voice, this was at 8am in the morning, our street is occupied by mainly  retired people, a lot of curtains were drawn no doubt hoping to have a lie in, goodness knows what they thought.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

LOL....

Yes, I am sure somebody will tell you about my lot but children are natures best way in bringing smiles. George sounds like a right little character, my question is did he get you to join in?

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

We took our Grandson George to the YMCA Day Camp today, they spend the day there and do all sorts of activities which keeps them occupied and hopefully wears him out. We walked there it is about a mile and all the way he was singing "Its fun to stay at the YMCA" at the top of his voice, this was at 8am in the morning, our street is occupied by mainly  retired people, a lot of curtains were drawn no doubt hoping to have a lie in, goodness knows what they thought.

8am!!!

did he have fun at the camp? what sort of things did you both do? :)

Supporter+

8am!!!

did he have fun at the camp? what sort of things did you both do? :)

He's still there, I didn't stay with him it's just for kids, I think they split them up into age groups and do all sorts of sports and crafts etc., I will no doubt get the full low down when he comes back.

Supporter+

LOL....

Yes, I am sure somebody will tell you about my lot but children are natures best way in bringing smiles. George sounds like a right little character, my question is did he get you to join in?

No, I didn't join in I don't think the neighbours would have put up with me singing as well, you can excuse a five year old.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I bet the 'little tinker'outlasted both you and Mrs H with his energy levels!

LOL....

Yes,all the grandkids give us a laugh.They can be very loud and boisterous and we sometimes wish they were fitted with an off switch but they are also the perfect tonic on a miserable day or if we're feeling a bit down.They all like to help me with my tablets and insulin injections and never mess about or treat the tablets as sweets.In fact it's amusing when Ava's helping and shakes her head indicating that she can't have them.They certainly cheer  us up.

He's still there, I didn't stay with him it's just for kids, I think they split them up into age groups and do all sorts of sports and crafts etc., I will no doubt get the full low down when he comes back.

that sounds nice for him :)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Sounds like a good way to spend the day for him.  :)

Supporter+

Well he really enjoyed it, I asked him what they did and he said they played a lot of games, football etc., and a game he really liked called stink bombs, which involved the kids sitting in a circle and they all put one shoe in the middle, someone shouts stinkbomb and they all die. I think there might have been a bit more to it than that but I couldn't get it out of him. Anyone heard of this game?

He wants to go again so his Mum and Dad are going to see if there are any more places left for this week, it's £12.50 but for a whole days entertainment I think its good value.

Well he really enjoyed it, I asked him what they did and he said they played a lot of games, football etc., and a game he really liked called stink bombs, which involved the kids sitting in a circle and they all put one shoe in the middle, someone shouts stinkbomb and they all die. I think there might have been a bit more to it than that but I couldn't get it out of him. Anyone heard of this game?

He wants to go again so his Mum and Dad are going to see if there are any more places left for this week, it's £12.50 but for a whole days entertainment I think its good value.

its not a bad deal for a week and the amount of time, if he likes it. thats the important thing, it will do him good.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Jake plays this all the time with me! I just never knew it was a game, I just thought he was throwing his smelly shoes at me (notice I didn't tag him).   :lol:   :shifty: 

I actually haven't heard of it, I'm surprised that they would play a game which included dying (supposedly). I though everything was all PC these days, you couldn't play bulldog or dobby at my school. Supposedly it was too violent!!

£12.50 isn't bad, Jake wants to a basketball club/group but it's £3.50 per session and he wouldn't be able to come with me to Notts (as that's when it takes place).

Sounds like he had an excellent time! Well Done George!

Supporter+

Yes we think it will do him good, he needs to develop some skills interacting with other kids and learning to share, teamwork and all that sort of thing. He sometimes thinks the world revolves around him and it gets him into trouble.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

All kids seem to enjoy anything that involves  things that are a bit naughty or shouldn't be mentioned in polite conversation -e.g pooh,farts,burps.I think they try to see how far they can go and still get away with it.

Archived