Oldham Athletic vs Notts County

PON_News

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

When they scored it was horrible, I felt sick and I, among others (about 6 near me) just stuck to singing. I think had I not I would have been sick, my head was hurting from the noise but really enjoyable. The crowd very much behind the lads, credit the club because we travelled in numbers today and we made the most of what was the great of all great escape.

I'm just sad it's over, however I can focus on the Ladies and get PoN finely tuned into covering them.

The result we needed, not pretty by no means but grit and we had chances! We could have won!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

The result is the important thing.

In terms of the actual game, both sides had spells where they looked the better size. I do feel Notts edged it, even before the sending off which was just pressure from our attacking play.

Did anyone else think it was daft they focused on us, yet their own fans invaded the pitch?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Fantastic day to be a Notts fan at Oldham yesterday, even though it was an emotional roller coaster! The nerves and tension with most of us glued to our phones checking other results probably meant we weren't always singing. Credit to the Oldham fans as they were friendly and most of them pleased we'd stayed up. Roll on next season.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  1

What a brilliant day in oldham, plenty of banter, plenty of drinks, and got job done. Uuuuuu pies!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

What a rollercoaster ride that was! Good journey there. We went over Woodhead pass which was a nice journey. Thought the car pack guy was having a laugh when he told us to park in B&Q which was a pay and display. When we got there no pay and display so we just parked and went, hoping no ticket would be there for us when we got back.

Old looking ground. I don't get to many away matches, but it sure does make you appreciate ML when you see grounds like that. Very old fashioned in its ways. Not sure about searching the fans on the way in though. Was it really necessary?

The match was a strange one. Rubbish first half for Notts. An obvious rollicking at half time from SD and GA (who btw I was very impressed with with his passion. He has obviously bought into the club and it was great to see him rousing the fans during the warm up and the match itself.

Second half, we faired alot better. Until we went 1-0 down. You could hear a pin drop at our end! Seemed like an eternity, but Uncle Colin says it was only six minutes. Well converted penalty and good time wasting tactics at the end.

JCR good game, but could have been better. Improved alot in the second half. Sheenan immense. Bart good game.

Fans superb and all really enjoyed the atmosphere, as did the Oldham fans who were very welcoming.

4 quid a pint though!!!!!!!

Archived