Mansfield Town vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I haven't gone to this one, I decided it would be best to stay at home. I'm really unsure about taking Jake to their ground, although I've never had any issues from Stag fans (other than mouthing off) - I don't want Jake to witness any muppets.

The friendly should be okay though, I don't expect Mansfield to play dirty or anything.

I just hope fans see more from the starting 11 chosen, I also hope to see 'Kyle Dixon' start. After his performance at Arnold Town, it would be the ideal chance to show us fans how well he can play as a right back. It will be also interesting to see if Haynes starts? I don't know if he's carrying a knock or what but the game should make things a little clearer.

Result, narrow Notts win but it's about results in friendlies, I just would hate us to lose. I bet @Dan feels the same! ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

fingers crossed we can win and get our players away without injuries.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Keep us update as you can. 

Cheers

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Mansfield 3 - 1 Notts.

By all accounts from a few lads who went that I know ( after the game report I was glad I went to a family bbq!) it was dire. Poor effort by both teams and lots of disgruntled fans paying £10 for a 0 effort. I'm sure others may see it differently, and as I wasn't there, can't pass a fair judgement.

Both teams

Nothing in attack, poor formation choices, no energy in movement of players or the ball. In fact you could have almost have been watching Brazil. Well almost!

Mansfield will come out better due to the score, but my mate said the score was irrelevant. The poor effort by both teams was more of a concern for the fans who had paid good money. Friendly or not, was £10 justified?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

Pretty poor showing all round, know its only a friendly but a lot of the performances didnt fill me with confidence. I think Wroe, Smith, Bishop and Adams played pretty well, and the trialist wearing no 10 had a good game, not sure who he was. Defensive errors were fairly common, and Fab came out to get the ball but missed it several times. Waite could be the Arquin never seen someone look so disinterested. Sound very negative here haha but it wasn't great to be honest

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

My Facebook's been flooded with comments, a couple of Stag friends actually mentioned how poor the game was and how lucky they are to have scored 3. Full Time, it's away from FB for a bit. LOL

I personally believe friendlies are important.

If I was able to play professionally, I would treat any game equal to the other and make sure it was played to the best of my ability. The changes won't help, though it's quite clear we need more depth and a lot more quality.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

I said that earlier Joe, don't understand how players like waite can't be bothered to play! Find it infuriating. I think we've got the players to put together a good mid table side, but our squad has no depth at all, looked like we were missing Jimmy today.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

On my way back from Mansfield now. disjointed display by the Pies, but nothing to get alarmed about. Friendlies are fitness excercises anyway. I'll post some pics when I get in, bye!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

The biggest issue is no Jimmy = no performance.

Whole season out means = trouble.

I hope Ray and Rodders realise what it means without a star replacement as a target man.

Not a pretty sight. Again.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,959
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Doesn't sound good but then again I agree with @BradtheMiller it's all about getting the players fit for the new season.

I think you did right not taking Jake @notts-joe there are some idiots in both sets of supporters and it's not nice for a young lad to witness any fighting or other unpleasantness. One of the home matches I took George to there was fighting outside the ground but he didn't seem to know what was going on he asked why that man had "tackled" that other man, I think he thought it was part of the match when two grown men were scrabbling on the floor kicking and punching. Lol. He's only young, Jake is a bit older and it might have been upsetting.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Nice pics,shame about the performance and score.

Archived