Formation For Crewe

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would start Notts with this formation on Saturday against

4b65e328f87c46e3f7d7a60c3b30bbdf.png
Crewe. I'd ideally have 4 defenders and I would make sure to instruct them to get tighter, man up to the opposition and make sure they tried to force them into the centre of the park. (rather than into the flanks) We seem to allow them to pass through easily when we do. I'd have Liddle and Boucaud in midfield, with Judge playing an advanced role in which he can offer support to them when required. I'd get our left & right back(s) to go advanced when possible to provide crosses or support our attack but I wouldn't want them to always be up there. Jeff Hughes behind our Striker (playing in a forward/wing role) same with Zoko. Arquin would be my first choice but he would have to play his part.

My preference with this formation would be to make sure we control the game, it would provide us width but at times when needed we could be narrow. Instead of attacking solely down the flanks I would make use of the center of the park.

Obviously I left out Jamal Campbell-Ryce. I feel he would provide good cover if I needed to inject pace or just trickery. He could replace either Hughes or Zoko but could even drop into Alan Judges position so this would be fairly flexible.

Although it only features one true striker the options of being supported by the two advanced wing/forwards would allow this to change as and when suited.

What formation would you play?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

I cannot comment on the formation you should play, yours does seem very versatile which would allow your creative players to show what they have I suppose with those regards. :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Your formation seems good... i'm not sure what formation i would use myself apart from avoiding a formation with one striker alone up front, which on the odd occasion gets chosen by some teams.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm hopeful we don't play three at the back, I would be happy with that.

4-4-2 is also a good call :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Well we do need the strikers up front to score and obviously enough defenders too. So either of those would be good.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  1

Your formation looks good to me, i would choose that or something very simular if i was deciding on a formation.

It would be interesting to see what other members formations would be.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

would never play somethimg creative like this but might be a good formation under the

right manager.

Archived