Daily Thread - Monday August 24th

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I just realized I put the wrong date on yesterday's thread! Ooops.....

Today I'm happy that Usain Bolt beat Justin Gatlin in the 100m final. Gatlin was banned twice for drugs and having him win the marquee event at the WC would send out the wrong message at a time athletics is reeling from drug allegations. 

Also I got to see Phil Taylor's 9 darter in Sydney. Never get tired of 9 darters. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I just realized I put the wrong date on yesterday's thread! Ooops.....

Today I'm happy that Usain Bolt beat Justin Gatlin in the 100m final. Gatlin was banned twice for drugs and having him win the marquee event at the WC would send out the wrong message at a time athletics is reeling from drug allegations.

Also I got to see Phil Taylor's 9 darter in Sydney. Never get tired of 9 darters.

Ha ha, I don't think anyone noticed but you've let the cat out of the bag now @Dripsey3 :biggrin:

Its cloudy here we had some heavy rain again last night, I hope we don't get any more because this campsite is on a slope and its already starting to churn up where vans are struggling to get off, might have to call on the farmer to tow us off with his tractor, don't want to think about going home yet though we've still got some days of our hols left.

I've found out there is a fishing tackle shop close by so I might pip in and get a few maggots to see if I can catch anything with them, I've tried cheese and bread so far with no luck.

Have a good day folks, let us know what you're up to.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Messy day (later on) Two appointments where I have to go through all the contracts with two prospective 'clients' for the business.

In between or after the appointments got to empty the bedroom and pull up the carpet ready for a new one to be fitted tomorrow. Stuff everywhere time!!!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Know that feeling well @hissing dwarf, that is stuff everywhere time, we're just starting to get straight after decorating the living room. Living room nicely decorated now and tidy and clean. Shopping later to find finishing touches to the living room. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

today I just have work but afterwards, I plan to go to the cinema. i deserve to treat myself, its been so boring recently.

Archived