Sheffield United - Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We got Sheffield Utd away. That is the worst draw we could have got. Even their 2nd string is decent enough.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Notts County have been drawn away to Sheffield United in the second round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. The tie, the reward for Tuesday night's 3-1 win over Mansfield Town, will be played the week commencing October 5.

What do you make of the draw? Will the Blades give us more time to play our football like when we played Aston Villa in the League Cup, or will they be a difficult proposition?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Hoping that, given they're up there in the League One promotion berths, they're not going to be "cloggers" like the teams in League Two. In theory their style of play should be more accommodating for us. Also it's not too far so, providing we can get a good run in the league as well, we could take a fair few fans with us.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was hoping for Chesterfield I have quite a few Spireite friends who have given me some horrendous stick when we were relegated and more recently when we lost to their arch rivals the Stags, I would love Notts to get one over on them but Sheff Utd will do I think we could do well against them.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We had two threads about the same subject so I've merged them.

Typical we were struggling for posts yesterday now we are fighting over who's going to start them. :lol:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Difficult game but one I feel Notts will rise to, it's interesting that within the cup(s) so far we have seen to be a completely different team.

I don't quite know why we are looking a better side in these games, I just hope it continues and eventually rubs off onto to the league. I think it's important we take the JPT as seriously as possible and perhaps we can beat Sheffield United for once? It would be nice.

Archived