Last Match

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

I've just realised I am going to miss the last match of the season at Meadow Lane, I am really annoyed with myself. I arranged a meet up with lots of motorhome friends last year and about 60 vans are meeting up the last weekend of the season. I swear I checked the fixtures before setting the date but obviously I got it wrong.

What do I do? I can't let all my motorhome friends down but I wanted to go to the last match, Damn, damn, damn, damn. :(

I'm just thankful that it's not resting on the last match for promotion or anything, that really would have been a dilemma.

Never mind ,Tony,  as you say there's nothing to play for.

Perhaps you could tell us about your motorhome experiences.

My uncle ( my mothers brother from Bradford, then  moved to Selby) had what I think was called a Dormobile. It was a transit van fitted with everything including the proverbial kitchen sink. He used to visit us with my aunt and cousin, park at the back of my parents house , and stay for the weekend. I believe they were in a caravan club of some sort and went to a lot of organised weekend events.I'm sure site members will be interested. :yes:

Supporter+

We love our little motorhome, its got a toilet, shower, oven, gas hob, fridge for the beer but is only as long as an estate car.

We've always camped in one form or another starting with a tent for the two of us when we got married, then a bigger one when our two sons came along, a trailer tent, then when the lads got bigger and didn't want to come on holiday with mum and dad we bought a caravan, it was great until one fateful day when travelling down the M42 it started to snake and I couldn't control it, we ended up with the weight of the van taking off the motorway backwards up a bank and the car came crashing down on a crash barrier puncturing the fuel tank and petrol starting spilling out. Needless to say we got out of the car sharpish in case it caught fire, it didn't but the caravan was a right off and the car badly damaged. We were lucky however to be only badly shaken. We never went back to towing and bought a small motorhome and the rest is history.

We love camping in it all over the country and on the near continent. We are off to Spain in June and going to campsite where our son and his family are having a mobile home, we will be in the our motorhome and we'll have a lovely family holiday together, can't wait.

I need to be-careful as to what I say/how I type it.

Pretty gutted myself, in fact. :cry:

That out of the way, I can't believe your missing two.. TWO GAMES, as a season ticket holder this shouldn't be permitted. I hope the board release their hounds like Mr Burns does in the Simpsons, however these care not to be aggressive and so it would be pretty pointless if they were to track you down. Enjoy your fun, wished I had a motor-home! Next year I will learn to drive tho.. :D

Supporter+

I need to be-careful as to what I say/how I type it.

Pretty gutted myself, in fact. :cry:

That out of the way, I can't believe your missing two.. TWO GAMES, as a season ticket holder this shouldn't be permitted. I hope the board release their hounds like Mr Burns does in the Simpsons, however these care not to be aggressive and so it would be pretty pointless if they were to track you down. Enjoy your fun, wished I had a motor-home! Next year I will learn to drive tho.. :D

I can't believe I'm going to miss two games either, this is VERY VERY bad. ohdear.gif

I'm positive I checked the fixtures last year when I was organising this meet, I reckon the club have changed the fixture list and not told anyone. :rolleyes:  I'll keep an eye open for the hounds and have some sausages ready to throw to them just in case.

Archived