Manager of the month?

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Ricardo Moniz has been nominated as manager of the month. What are your thoughts? Does he deserve to win this?

I know what @[member="Notts26"] will say. :biggrin:

straight away tony someone at the football league has been smoking either crack or a bribe has been dished out 1-0 win against a average York team that could of scored twice at the end Crawley crap just about beat Luton only to a free kick sorry it's a no for me but that's only to his bizzare stunt at weekend but hel probably win it and say it's the philosophy way

Supporter+

I'll bet there aren't many managers who have been nominated for manager of the month at the same time as fans calling for them to be sacked. :joker:

I'll bet there aren't many managers who have been nominated for manager of the month at the same time as fans calling for them to be sacked. :joker:

well just think if we lose at United tonite Plymouth on Sunday an he gets sacked he cud be the first manager to win it then get sacked straight after depending on what crazy team he puts out tonight an Sunday

well just think if we lose at United tonite Plymouth on Sunday an he gets sacked he cud be the first manager to win it then get sacked straight after depending on what crazy team he puts out tonight an Sunday

I don't think he'll be sacked, look at how long it took for Shaun Derry to be sacked, and Moniz' record from September wasn't so bad in my opinion.

but you have to realise the difference Dan Shaun Derry didn't have 100k-150k to spend also didn't drop 9nplayers in a match and didn't have expectation to get out of the league moniz has a much more expectation on his shoulders we can't afford to be hanging around 16 -18th all season we need to be up in the top 6 if not it's a failure and he could go himself so he knows what's at stake an Ray trew will have to consider it when the top pack start to split how long do you wait before its to late

I agree Derry didn't have the backing that Moniz has/has had, and that the situation with both managers are different, but Derry's squad went from quickly over-performing to plummeting like a stone, I'd far rather hold a more constant position whilst we rebuild and start from a clean slate. The top pack will split soon, but by then we will have a far better idea of what ground we would need to cover. As for the 9 changes, (and I'm a believer of this reasoning) that lets not forget we have a paint pot game tonight, in which we must play at least 6 of those that started the last league game, and in order to keep our strongest players fit for the upcoming games, we chose to make those changes as would be necessary. Aborah was injured, otherwise he would have played, and we have no true idea over the fitness of the likes of Eddy at that time.

smith is 34 surely he has to be feeling it I jus don't see why you'd sacrafise it at orient JPT or not is rather get 3 points then a tin pot if we win tonight another Tuesday night game I'd rather lose focus on the league I'm happy to give moniz time but seriously if by time the top pack split up an were still 17th I wouldn't risk our football league status for the philosophy

I'd be stupid to back the philosophy blindly but I (and I'm sure many others) see what Moniz has/is attempting to implement, and it is a case of giving him time, we might not go up this season but I'd rather it take the time necessary for this to succeed, we are barely 3 months into a 9 month long season, and are 9 points off top after having played 11 league games, if we carry on the home form from September (and yes, we might not, but the away form could (in some wild world) improve), we could see a dramatic change in our position. I just don't want to get my hopes up like I did with Derry, last season was my first relegation (hopefully it stays that way for a longer period of time) and it was a painful experience to say the least, but I'm willing to wait for things to turn around. We must have patience within a certain degree.

I nearly died of shock when I read what JJ wrote on our Facebook page, it really came as a surprise.

That said, it would be nice for him to win it but I don't think it's likely. I am also unsure if it's actually deserved, it seems to be related to the amount of goals we scored more than anything.

we don't deserve it Luton were behind us in the league now there 10th they have sorted there act out York who we beat aren't far behind us now an we're back to 16th were we started I'm sorry but if your serious about promotion which the club say they are we are in October if nothing changes you have to be realistic and sit down and discuss it because come November I don't want to be 17th-18th wins have gota start now and points have to be picked up away if he wants to keep his job

Supporter+

Well Moniz hasn't won the Manager of the Month someone else has won it can't remember who.

good if they do a prat of the month il nominate him I swear the bloke has no brain and just slags his players off in the papers he can't ever take blame it's always someone else's fault like if noble scores at United we go on an win no we don't it just means we get thrashed 5-2 which is still as bad I wouldn't mind if he could just come out and be like hey I changed the team and we got thrashed my fault sorry fans

Archived