Why is everyone obsessed with Jimmy Spencer?

wroughty

As you can all see by the title, I'm very confused by the obsession with Jimmy Spencer that many fans clearly have. He is clearly incapable of fitting into our style of play or making any impact when he plays. He got a decent run out against Orient and had a very poor game - few headers won, many minutes spent on the floor moaning and I think he had no shots all half. He got subbed on on Saturday against Exeter and yes, he only got about 5-10 minutes, but that was enough time for him to show that he should be let go. No pace, no strength, no real determination to win a ball (McLeod can also be lazy but he always gets in good positions) and no attacking runs. He has, however, a decent touch but only when he feels like it. He is the kind of player who relies on a slow playstyle and a fast striker alongside. Let him go to a club that suits him and free up some space for Ronan Murray, Filip Valencic and the other attackers we have that suit our game much better. Not to mention that Snijders and Kyle De Silva (wingers by nature that could also play up top) are rotting on our bench for whatever reason.

@[member="Notts26"] I know, it's stupid because both are good players imo and Snijders should be straight in that starting line up without any doubt at all. Valencic should be on the bench with a view to coming on in the 2nd half every game because he has pace and skill which will scare the tired legs of L2 defenders

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

@[member="Notts26"] agree on the Snijders part but can't quite make out what you're saying about Valencic

@[member="wroughty"] simply Ricardo moniz doesn't like Valencic as he was a branston signing not his own.

even tho Valencic has pace skill and can shoot and hasn't really had many chances he could come off the bench an pose a threat.

he's young and shouldn't be wasting in the reserves but moniz doesn't seem to want to play him which is silly I mean he deserves a chance to show us fans what he can do

@[member="Notts26"] couldn't agree more, I was at a lot of the pre season matches and bith the games he featured in and in each game he played well and showed his pace, skill and in pre-season he scored a couple of great finishes which were both disallowed

@[member="Notts26"] couldn't agree more, I was at a lot of the pre season matches and bith the games he featured in and in each game he played well and showed his pace, skill and in pre-season he scored a couple of great finishes which were both disallowed

Snidjers pace trickery ability crosses with pace which defenders hate and can score also good build on a winger

Valencic pace skill decent touch can score young can develop

Kye De Silva small quick creative good dribbling and will cause problems all over

Curtis Thompson who can't get in the team energy stamina is top notch works hard hassles people presses the ball

for me Snidjers could go to any league 2 team get in the squad and tear full backs to shreads he's wasted at 27 in the reserves.

neither Campbell has pace but snidjers has pace and a end product and can finsh he'd chip in with goals

Funny bennet was a branston signing so moniz shipped him out voted newports man of the match twice now a believe and is playing great.

Just shows are the players really that bad or is the way there treated wrong something doesn't add up as it seems

@[member="Notts26"] It wouldn't surprise me if his team selections are based on Branston's opinions given the argument they had over a striker..Problem is though you can't really put a proper reason to any of his selections because we are spoilt for choice on the wings... I'd have Snijders on the right, Noble at CAM and Burke on the left and then Campbell, De Silva and Valencic on the bench to come on in those respective positions (obviously not all 3). Valencic has played in the europa league though and was rated back in Serbia; he was known for his pace, strength and shot power so is he also worth a go up top if McLeod is underperforming?

McLeod is class just has to be played properly like not on the left he plays off the shoulder you just have to play to his strengths.

Snidjers deffo deserves a start as in my view he's our best winger and would go to another league two club and score goals an shread full backs.

This is a idea I had against Pompey id want Snidjers up against Ben Davies who's gettin old and wouldn't cope with his pace .

Campbell would shread Davies to just lacks that end product and killer finsh so far

Jimmy Spencer is a good player, yet I've said I doubt he's a 'real goalscorer'. This is my opinion, but he's doing well in the reserve team - prior to that, many fans said to me he wasn't needed but this happens with scoring or doing well elsewhere.

I think we need to find a steady partnership upfront and make use of the players we have available - yet it is important to balance things out now.

Especially with things somewhat improving.

@[member="notts-joe"] he's a half decent player when he wants to be and a relatively experienced L2 player should be scoring in the first team, let alone the reserves, let him go so he can find the right club for himself. We don't need 2 upfront and even if we do it should be Murray taking up the other ST position with his pace, his will to beat the offside trap, his ability to use both feet and his finishing ability. That's my opinion

@[member="notts-joe"] he's a half decent player when he wants to be and a relatively experienced L2 player should be scoring in the first team, let alone the reserves, let him go so he can find the right club for himself. We don't need 2 upfront and even if we do it should be Murray taking up the other ST position with his pace, his will to beat the offside trap, his ability to use both feet and his finishing ability. That's my opinion

I personally think we do need two up front - a mix between Stead and Spencer is a good balance.

I really think we have to be a little more patient with him, if Moniz doesn't fancy him - let him go but the more options we have upfront, the better we will be. Jimmy Spencer could do well within League One and his attitude is something I think we would miss.

When people would feel down about losing, he seems to think about improving and getting the points required.

murray may need further time, tho if anyone is better suited to being loaned out its him.

i dont think we have seen the best of jimmy since his injury, the reserve football will be doing him well and i would like to see us have decent backup options for when mcleod or stead cannot play. we have that other lad who recently scored also, i do not understand the bad press on some of our players.

murray may need further time, tho if anyone is better suited to being loaned out its him.

i dont think we have seen the best of jimmy since his injury, the reserve football will be doing him well and i would like to see us have decent backup options for when mcleod or stead cannot play. we have that other lad who recently scored also, i do not understand the bad press on some of our players.

Valencic or bishop or montel Gibson are the ones all scoring

@[member="liampie"] why would you loan a quick direct striker out when you have 2 target men who are underperforming... We don't really need target men anyway. Get Izale and Murray/Valencic upfront and goals will come our way @[member="notts-joe"] there's more to football than attitude, simply Jimmy doesn't fit in. He can do well at L1/2 but not under a team like ourselves.

@[member="wroughty"] sounds like your not a big fan of his.

Of course there's more to football than just attitudes, yet he's got a good skill set and his ability suites what we need. I would prefer to see us working with players, plus I feel Moniz could get more out of him. Players are labelled a certain position/styles, yet it's often forgotten that good managers can get alternative solutions out of players.

I personally think it's too early to get rid of him, unless he doesn't fit into Moniz's plans.

@[member="notts-joe"] I wouldn't say I dislike him in any way. I'm aware of what he can do from his occasional heroics in the great escape season but that was under Derry who played different football to Moniz. He's had enough chances to make his mark and he hasn't on any occasion; he's appeared to have dropped his head when things haven't gone his way. His record in the reserve team is good but for a striker of his reputation you'd expect it anyway. There's other clubs out there that suit him much more so I think we should loan or let him go to one of those clubs and allow Murray, Valencic and the youth players to step up. It would benefit everyone imo

if players don't make it they don't make it if they was any good they'd go leagues above this is simple Leon best when he was with us .

You could see he had potential Heffernam when he came thro he was talented aswell.

Curtis Thompson has ability if he can add goals Murray is class to for me we have some decent youngsters coming through at reserve level.

@[member="Notts26"] Sarpong, Richards, Rutty-Smith and Aghatsie all look good for the future too so I'd keep my eye on them. Richards and Sarpong also impressed in pre-season against conference opposition so I think they have a bright future

Archived