Best 3 sporting moments of 2015

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Review of the year. What were your best three sporting moments/matches that you saw live in 2015? I'm afraid none of mine involve NCFC!

1. Thursday morning of the Ashes Test at Trent Bridge - Australia all out for 60, Broad 8-15.

2. Being with my 11 year-old son @Blackville to see Borussia Monchengladbach beat FC Bayern Munchen 3-1 in December, and 1.FC Koln 1-0 in the Rheinderby in February.

3. The Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Sporting moments?

No particular order:

*Tries to think a way from Notts......

Erm............

Erm..........

Oh yeah!

Wait.....

I can't name anything, as I generally only watch Notts but I am proud of Jake scoring several goals the other week when we played football (everyone else were grown ups).

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

The look of confusion and bewilderment on the faces of the German presenters when the Republic of Ireland beat Germany!

Seeing Waldhof top of the table for much of the first half of the season has been pretty special. Finished 13th last season, stuck with manager (this is his third season now) and now they're joint top. Maybe there's a lesson in that.

Other than that it's hard to think of one. 2015 was a bit of an in-between year with no big tournaments going on. Looking forward to Euro 16 this year.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

saw live on TV -

John Degenkolb winning Paris - Roubaix

Saw live -

Notts County 2 - 1 Portsmouth or Notts County 4 - 3 Newport

Saw Highlights -

England Vs Australia at Trent Bridge

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Despite what was a mostly dissapointing year for County there were a few good days in there. My top 3, in no particular order would be:

Villa away:
I'm realistic enough to know I'll probably never see Notts playing at big grounds like that in the league, so once the draw was made I had to go, and boy was it worth it! That never felt like a loss that night, we really did have them on the ropes and were so unlucky not to go through. Amazing game at a stunning stadium, Burke's goal still gives me goosebumps, possibly the best goal I've ever seen live!

Opening day - Stevenage away:
The opening day of the season is always special. Everyone's so full of hope, fully believing this will be their year. I was waiting for a train at Kings Cross when news began to filter around that England had regained the Ashes, and that was a sign of what was to come for the rest of the day. What an amazing day it was, England beating the Aussies and then we went to Stevenage, put in a fantastic performance, scored two brilliant goals, defended really well, and sent a big and noisy away following home very happy indeed. Very much a carlsberg Saturday!

Friday 30th/Saturday 31st October - Winchester 1-2 Weymouth, Notts 2-1 Pompey
For some reason, train tickets to Nottingham were a hell of a lot cheaper than usual that Saturday, and given tha magnitude of the game at the time it was too good to resist. 
First though, it was Winchester away in the FA Trophy on the Friday night with Weymouth. And after a poor first half, two second half goals saw us complete a brilliant comeback to progress. A rowdy and well lubricated away following sang all the way back to Weymouth on the train. Got to bed at about 1am, and seven hours later I was on a train to Nottingham. There were a few Pompey fans on the train, and listening to them talk they all seemed extremely confident. What a game it turned out to be too. The Kop was in great voice that day, even when Pompey scored we just got louder and Burke's equaliser just minutes later was a real stunner. Second half we soaked up a lot of pressure and in truth we got a stroke of good fortune for the winning goal. Those last twelve minutes felt like hours! But we held on for our biggest win of the season. That really should have been the turning point, as it is its all been downhill since then...
Still it wa a very sweet journey back down south that night. Got back to Waterloo and there was a real party atmosphere about the place, with thousands of All Blacks fans celebrating winning the Rugby World Cup, and the usual array of football fans on their way home. A brilliant weekend!

Archived