The reason Notts County are going downhill

NewarkPie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, erindoors said:

/\ I wish I knew you you were!

No one important :thumbsup:

No relation and not his agent! ( I assume he will have had other things on during January!!)

I was very pleased about Notts giving him a chance , saw some of the initial ( and post Wimbledon) criticism and wanted to come on and give the other side of the argument.... I think its only fair to give some context.

It doesn't make me right by any manner of means but hopefully its dispels some of the nonsense written about him.

I spoke with one of his old St Mirren colleagues the other night and he wasn't in the least bit surprised about him getting a managers job and speculating that he will do very well. The same descriptions always come out when you mention his name....'Focused' 'Driven' 'Single Minded'...even as a 17 yr old

Will he do well? who knows ...but it wont be for the want of trying and hard work, I'm pretty sure about that.

I'm looking forward to coming down to Meadow Lane shortly and adding to the crowd.

Who am I? I'm a new Notts fan...that's got to be a good thing...right? :)

• Content Count:  174

Thanks, NNF, that's good to hear.

All new fans are very much welcomed, so I look forward to you cheering us on down the Lane! My name's Aileen, pleased to meet you :-)  COYP

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@NewNottsFan http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2299132/Taxi-for-Ian-Scanlon.html  and if you can bring the "missing" Ian Scanlon with you, so much the better :D It's a great story of the taxi in Aberdeen :D

51 minutes ago, erindoors said:

Thanks, NNF, that's good to hear.

All new fans are very much welcomed, so I look forward to you cheering us on down the Lane! My name's Aileen, pleased to meet you :-)  COYP

and you ..might see you on March 5th at Meadow Lane ! 

39 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@NewNottsFan http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2299132/Taxi-for-Ian-Scanlon.html  and if you can bring the "missing" Ian Scanlon with you, so much the better :D It's a great story of the taxi in Aberdeen :D

Great story...some of the fergie tales are brilliant :)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Let's hope things start to look up, it's not easy discussing what's going wrong but it can be constructive for us fans. Seeing differing opinions, allows people to reflect and although not every will or even acknowledge it.

It's certainly good to see people expressing themselves.

@NewNottsFan - How are you with video based interviews? Ha! Would be interesting to speak to you on our 'Meet the Fans' feature.

1 hour ago, r0b_ncfc said:

You certainly seem a very level headed sort @NewNottsFan, and you can never have too many of those on these fans forums. Welcome!

Hey , the fans love their club and without their passion then football has nothing...

As far as being level headed then I guess I am...and hugely optimistic in the main !

I do feel any forum needs balance but it can be hard ...go on to a any car forum for example and you'd never buy the car because folk are on their to share problems !! literally !!

I dare say all the social media platforms have  negative members and , whilst you can't always be positive ..by the same token you have to sometimes embrace positives when they come along. Some folk struggle to get in to that mindset and instead, remain quiet and wait for the next negative to come along.

Its a strange psyche to get into because at the end of the day you are taking time to come on and talk about your team and should be wanting them to do well.

Nevertheless , its healthy to disagree and it would appear in the short time the new boss has been in charge that the club are trying to get the fans to engage with him to , either dispel some rumours, concerns or mis-truths or indeed just open up some dialogue and get everyone on the same page.

Fans will always have opinions about players , the club, transfers, who should be playing and not playing but ultimately the manager lives and dies by their decisions and have to do what they think is right to get the club winning games. 

It was disappointing to hear some of the reports of negative singing before the Luton game on Saturday but I'm sure this was a mindless minority ...and a minority who possibly felt a bit foolish at full time, well, I would hope they did anyway.

I know managerial appointments never come with guarantees and , on this occasion, the board had a very easy option available to them in selecting from the experienced 'managerial merry go round' pool which are on the bookies list for most vacant posts. Now, bearing in mind I've not seen many boards , particularly those with significant financial investments, wanting their own club to fail... makes this recent appointment even more bold. ( although fans used some other terminology!)

Fans will of course be worried, angry , surprised , alarmed ...but I just try and look at it objectively ( easy for you I hear you say) from a neutral point of view and with interest...and a genuine interest now in Notts County

I knew Jamie Fullarton would get an opportunity in management ...most folk in the game or connected to it did ...it was only a matter of where.

Stories of unrest and 'disciplinarian' tactics were aplenty on this appointment ...but not so many about him setting up his training drills in the dark of the morning with a torch so that when his players got in they could get straight to work ( Bolton source ...I didn't make that up ;o) ). This only serves to show that there are always two sides to each story...and as long as you are willing to listen to both sides then that's all anyone can ask.

Bottom line is that he, like any other manager, will live and die by results...and by all accounts, he is a very bright lad .....so he will be in no doubt about that

Interesting times ahead ! Here's to a successful February !!

2 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Let's hope things start to look up, it's not easy discussing what's going wrong but it can be constructive for us fans. Seeing differing opinions, allows people to reflect and although not every will or even acknowledge it.

It's certainly good to see people expressing themselves.

@NewNottsFan - How are you with video based interviews? Ha! Would be interesting to speak to you on our 'Meet the Fans' feature.

Its healthy to share concerns ...absolutely 

And the forum cant be a love in if things are poor and , by all accounts , the wimbledon game was ....but its sometimes about context and being proportionate ...not 'get him out!!' after 2 games.....( only an example of some and no reflection of anyone on here specifically)

Interviews? not sure about that ...plenty folk on here with a much better knowledge than me ...but I'm learning about Notts ...so I'll get there ;o)

@NewNottsFan with some good thoughts. As regards the Wimbledon game, the consensus of opinion was that the game plan wasn't working. It just led to venting frustrations in the aftermath of the match, which inevitaby turned on Jamie's reading of the game. Hopefully he has learned from that and like in one of Jimmy Sirrel's great quotes, "If you learn something from every game, there should come a time when you should never lose"

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Could this be a reason? 

Missing intended signings which at a time Notts really needed? I think we have always been a club that as recruited players slowly or ill spent on the wrong areas of the pitch.

Archived