bookies and admin

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Bookies have now had us from 150/1 to now 5/1 in matter of time and have suspended bets on us.

People have also been betting on us going into admin an I think that's been suspended someone found a copy of a HMRC winding up order against us dated for April 2016

We seem to be in a real mess and worse the fans aren't being informed of what's really going on I find this heartbreaking not knowing what's happening to our club.

Its almost like it's been ripped apart day by day minute by minute and we are the ones suffering of we go into admin which people are saying is very likely as the bookies odds are getting shorter and shorter an they must have a know how somewhere 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Linky: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/relegation

I'd be more concerned if we'd gone to odds-on and then the betting was suspended, but as it is we're probably just seeing the mood swings of a volatile market. Remember when we were looking for a manager? Cooper and then Sheridan were both at far shorter odds than this.

Reasons we're not going into administration:

Administration is a measure for protecting a company from its creditors while it is either liquidated or sold. In our case it's likely that the vast majority of the money we owe is to our own chairman, i.e. the company owner and the biggest creditor are one and the same.

We're out looking for new players and an assistant manager. Not the actions of a club that's broke.

I know things are crap, but I'm not losing any sleep over going into admin. Which is a good job, because it'd be bye bye League Two if we did.

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

From the Evening Post

Notts County are expected to be sold within the next four weeks, the Post can reveal.

It is understood chairman Ray Trew is currently concluding a deal for the League Two club just a month after putting it up for sale.

Notts were the subject of a winding up petition yesterday by HMRC, but the case has been adjourned to April 25.

This is to allow time for the sale of the Magpies to go through, but sources close to the club have told the Post the debt will be settled should it fall through.

Details of the new buyer are unknown but the club has been the subject of worldwide interest from Denmark, America, China and the Middle East.

The only potential buyer to make public his interest is local businessman Alan Hardy, the chief executive of the Paragon Group.

He held talks with Trew's solicitors last week, but hit a stumbling block over the asking price

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Very interesting, wonder who it is then? Might be worth keeping an eye on Mr Hardy's Twitter feed in case he lets anything slip ...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I've taken a keen interest in the relegation market for a while now, and it's turned out to be a profitable interest.  Two or three weeks ago we were available at 250/1 to go down.  I rated our chances at 100/1 so had a tenner on with Bet365 at 250/1, mainly due to the (then) slim risk of administration.  The odds with Bet365 are now 16/1, so I was offered a cashout option of £61.30.  When I went to take it I found out they do a 'partial cashout' option, so I took £50 out which still left £1.90 of the original tenner at £250/1.  That means that if we stay up I win £40, If we go down I win £476.90!!!

My opinion is that we will stay up, and the big drop in betting odds is simply a bookies defence mechanism based more on rumour than fact.  It wouldn't be Notts without a heavy dose of uncertainty!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Speechless, who the hell does Notts owe money? Some might not like it but Munto seemed far more stable with their printed fifty-pound notes.

This season shouldn't be like it is now, it's just surreal.

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Really don't understand why all the Scots seem to want us relegated/admin, is this what they're doing with their time knowing they're not going to the Euros? B)

Archived