Ratings Reserves v Gateshead

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

A comfortable 4-0 win and good to meet @ivansneck

Loach 6 another clean sheet, though conceded a free kick 8 yards out for handling a backpass

Wildin 5 first time I have seen him troubled by their attack. Still looks a good prospect

Sharpe 6 good going forward and defended his side very well

Amevor 6 defended well, memorable run but with forgettable shot at the end of it. 

Adebowale 5 Physically strong , substituted in 2nd half, hard to gauge effectiveness against a weak central strike force

McMillan 6 memorable run and cut back but still questions over whether he can cut it in a physical game, when it comes to it

Sarpong 5  OK game, but unsure if he has done enough to earn a new contract

Jones 6 great 4th goal, a neat footballer

Lucan 4 went missing at times, was getting into the game well when he was substituted.

Bishop 5 scored and set up Gibson, but lack of mobility and a poor touch, gives no confidence of a future star

Gibson 7 movement,energy, goal scoring, probably indicates Murray will be released. A good prospect

So does that qualify us for the Champion League preliminary rounds :D

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Player to watch:

Gateshead #7 David Carson.... Really skillful, showed more skill in 90 minutes than in the Notts career of Paul  Bolland

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I forgot about this until @magpiejue mentioned it, it looked quiet when I drove past though.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

Player to watch:

Gateshead #7 David Carson.... Really skillful, showed more skill in 90 minutes than in the Notts career of Paul  Bolland

To be fair Paul Bolland is a pretty low standard to set.  Must admit #7 was the one player in their team who caught my eye, but he did have the downside of being ginger!  An enjoyable game, for me Amevor, McMillan, Jones and Gibson impressed.  Glad we did it with mainly kids, it's hard to estimate the quality of the opposition but we do seem to have a few decent youngsters coming through, which is the only real positive in a dismal season.

On second thoughts, I've just come up with another big positive - the statue.  I had a quick look after the reserve game and they were just doing a final bit of drilling on the plinth.  The statue was roped to the crane ready to be lifted in place.  Peeking through the covers, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Lucan 4 went missing at times

Was this intentional? :lol:

Good to hear about the youngsters' success. Maybe one or two of them will get a taste of first team action on Saturday.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Likewise, it was good to meet @Piethagoram at the game. I basically agree with his ratings but I'd put Wildin a bit higher, and Amevor a bit lower due to one horrible mistake that a better team would have capitalised on.

Notts were a lot quicker/younger than Gateshead so it's not easy to judge the players on that performance. However, they played good football, attacked down both flanks, created and chances and scored 4. That'll do on Saturday against Carlisle!

Archived