Transfer Talk

TheCalFoster

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

apparently Mansfield are also after Bowery were are they gettin there money from Matt green few others must be on decent wages now chasing Bowery aswell.

Β 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If Notts signed Matt Green (which I don't see happening) it would be a good signing.

I'd love to us see us sign the former Rotherham keeper, I was disappointed they didn't give him much of a chance in the Championship but I know he's a very good keeper. He's one of them some would underestimate but quickly realise that he can galvanise the players around him.

For me his qualities are more about the awareness he promotes whilst between the sticks and his shot-stopping.

I can't see stags signing Bowery even if it's true no offence they ain't loaded or spend big there a average side.

We should get Bowery hopefully Adam Colin the goalie mentioned and oconner an hopefully we are chasing Curtis main as reported and a winger with pace.

Β 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179

Ive heard Reuben Reid was in notts today to have talks with shezza

Also heard we are set to sign Franck moussa - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franck_Moussa

I assume this is him, haven't a clue who he is if I'm honest with you!

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Moussa ah, he would be decent in this league not sure if he's a winger or centre midfielder, he's creative none the less, doesn't score many BUT has been playing in higher leagues all his career moves around a fair bit too. Only 26 though so should be hitting the peak of his career. If the Reid rumours are true he'd be an excellent signing if stays fit..

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Although having seen the twitter user thats reporting these rumours I wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes of these rumours!

Reid rumour could have some truth not sayin Itl happen like.

But Sheridan liked him at Plymouth an Derek Adams has dropped him and he's been out of favour.

And they've signed Jamille Matt apparently or are close so Reid may be leaving.

There was also talk of izale wanted by Southend and I'd allow him to leave to bring in Reid.

Now as for moussa he's a central mid who can play centre attacking mid higher up decent pace and creative he was on a pay as you play basis at Southend so don't think he's under contract eitherΒ 

Blackpool are trying to hijack our attempt to sign Michael O'Connor (port vale)

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Blackpool-hijack-Notts-County-s-Michael-O-Connor/story-29398643-detail/story.html

18 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Ive heard Reuben Reid was in notts today to have talks with shezza

Also heard we are set to sign Franck moussa - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franck_Moussa

I assume this is him, haven't a clue who he is if I'm honest with you!

a Belgium midfielder former Coventry player creative attack minded and good pace decent player was at Southend on a pay basis now a free agent I beliveΒ 

everything starts out as a rumour ie the Sheridan appointment etc but the RubΓ©n Reid one will have a bit of substance.

We tried to sign him last season but he was under contract and Sheridan will know him and vice versa.

Also if Jamille Matt signs for Plymouth like people are saying Itl be Reids replacement and mcleod or stead will be off.

Hoping the mcleod rumours are true to Southend or Chesterfield which would allow us to bring in Reid.

Moussa is free and would be good at our level and as for Blackpool stealing oconner can't see it they have zero money and are signing all frees with little wage no doubtΒ 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  1

I would love jake Buxton to sign for us, a take no prisoners sort of centre half, lacking in pace yes but certainly would give you 100% which has been lacking just recently, played at a much higher level also a local ladΒ 

As Mr @Joe JonesΒ has reported, we are apparently no longer interested in Reuben Reid, what do you guys think about this ? Is he someone we can let go or should we be busting a gut to sign him ?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

1 hour ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

As Mr @Joe JonesΒ has reported, we are apparently no longer interested in Reuben Reid, what do you guys think about this ? Is he someone we can let go or should we be busting a gut to sign him ?

Or is it smoke and mirrors? Maybe JS doesn't like his work rate, but if it is true then he must be confident in bringing inΒ a couple of decent strikers out of his list. We do need a goal scorer, but we also need to improve the supply line first.

Β 

I said this on FB il say it here RubΓ©n Reid last season 32 appearances 7 goals that's worse then stead and idle McLeod.

Yes the last few seasons he's got 20 goals a season so to has McLeod season before we signed him from Crawley 21 Β goals.

Reid is going to want decent money also has had serious injury issues as the Plymouth fans keep stating.

And I belive Sheridan knows the strikers he wants and will get them in.

I also can't see him wanting McLeod if he can ship him off to someoneΒ 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The thing about that is we can all pull stats and have our opinions expressed, yet we know from last season we need a grafter upfront - If Reid is that player, I don't know but he seemed promising.

It's not creating chances we struggled with, it's scoring them and defending.

I'd rather have Bowery over Reid Bowery 7 goals in 17 to Reids 32 and 7 also injury issues.

Plus Bowery has won this league before so that helps but I'm also glad Sheridan said he's looking to improve the defence.

Becuase lets all be honest holis Hewitt Adams an the other defenders were terrible.

Id also get rid of bone idle players like Burke McLeod becuase neither of them look botherd.

And I belive there is better wingers then Burke who actually offer pace an a threat.

I think our midfield is coming along nice Stanley hopefully o conner Franck moussa if rumour is true and then Curtis and Atkinson both decent.

Defence is deffo the main area that needs spending on and maybe a few decent wingers with actual pace and flairΒ 

And a decent striker who can get goals an a decent touchΒ 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Modern Notts Fan πŸ”₯Β "Curtis and Atkinson both decent" Nurse, another one has escaped from the asylum :D

Β 

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Maybe he was using the word in its meaning of wearing enough clothes to avoid arrest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Notts Fan πŸ”₯Β "Curtis and Atkinson both decent" Nurse, another one has escaped from the asylum :D

Β 

I'd rate em both over de silva an Burke at when wes got moved in the middle he actually got up and down and got involed.

Burke idle and de silva are all lazy players who have a odd moment an wes is probaly on nowt to idle an Burke.

Not sayin wes is Amazin but he's younger and may improveΒ 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36576330

Disappointed that we did not sign either, Woods in particular

if we are going after the names we've been linked with such as Bowery forte moussa oconner Dickinson rodman our squad wages aren't going to be cheap.

Plus a midfield of oconner abroah and let's say moussa if true not many will have a better attacking midfield then that.

Plus Bowery mcleod forte stead that strike force won't be cheap plus the rubbish were still trying to offloadΒ 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Not sure how many of the players mentioned are real targets, but if they all were then you could possibly say for sure we won't get them all but I would be more than happy if we did , but it's good to see the club being linked with those kind of potential signings, aiming high hopefully, coypΒ 

Archived