Stand out players this year!

NewarkPie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

1) Richard Duffy - Brilliant player who next to the right guy can be an unstoppable defence, very confident, dont let his size fool you!

2) Haydn Hollis - few bad seasons but his confidence has grown next to Duffy and under John Sheridan. has been brilliant all pre season ( expecting fans to complain about him when another defender doesnt do there job ;)  )

3) Jordan Richards - when given the run out this season he will become a unbelievable player, just like his father was, to say he is 19 years old, he has so much confidence where ever he plays, future player.

4) Stanley Aborah - Enough said.

5) Carl Dicko - more than likely our new captain, very good leader and will only lead us onto great things.

finally 6) Alex Rodman - Brilliant on the ball, always looking to pass, wont go wasted this year if stays injury free!

What are your thoughts guys?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Hayden hollis baby! Hayden Hollis ohhh! Can't disagree with any of them! Got to add the big man Matty Tootle to that list! Been a rock in the centre of the park with those amazing tackles!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,005
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well hopefully it will be interesting, as we have some solid signings that should fight for it. I don't think there's been any real competition since the year prior to Liddle winning everything.

It would be good if some of the signings turned out like him, but I will keep an eye out on how the newcomers do.

PS. It won't be long until folks shoot Hollis down, I've been saying how he would benefit from a 'man manager' and stability for awhile - perhaps he will improve under John Sheridan but his time is running out, I will always say he could be the 5th CB unless we have the budget to have 5 very, very good centre-backs.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Not a stand out player as such but a most improved Elliot Hewitt will be a different player to last season, he was awful and one of the players I most disliked towards the end of last season BUT I think he will benefit from a decent manager if Tootle's playing in the centre.

As for stand out players Richard Duffy hasn't put a foot wrong yet. Jonathan Forte if he stays fit would be in with a shout too.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@TheFostarr94 His non performance at Portsmouth stands out alongside Matty Gills ineptitude at Rushden and Diamonds many moons ago. Luther Wildin demonstrably showed in last season's Reserves as to how to defend, something I have yet to see from Hewitt.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

hope js offers the squad the balance to see all the players succeed, it is what we need. i think aborah playing further up in midfield will allow us to unlock teams and it might even help izale up front. we dont have anyone who really moves about in midfield, just the wings. even when noble was here, he tended to drift wide.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

Duffy already looks like player of the season, Aborah could really shine once O'Connor comes in and takes some pressure off him and frees up some space. All the new signings look real quality. the best signing has got to be Sheridan and Crossley.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Good points@RowZ_Greg was thinking the same about the new lads and The management , plus I share the view that Stan can be a really big player this season , coyp 

Archived