Youngsters

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I actually just watched interviews with the youth players who just signed their pro contracts on Magpie Player - Romello Nangle, Kyle Dixon and Malachi Lavelle-Moore. I'm so impressed with these guys. They ooze enthusiasm and positivity. They're really motivated to work hard, full of ambition and they all seem genuinally chuffed to bits to have signed a pro contract and have the chance to play for Notts County - their local team. They've all grown up in Nottingham and all come from Notts County supporting families.

The future looks bright with these guys. At times last season I really felt like some players werent trying their best. You can accept losing to a better team, but when the other team beats you just by wanting it more (preston at home springs to mind) it is very hard to accept. I cant see these guys ever being short on motivation!

The young lads that played ina  few games towards the end of last season all seemed to do really well, I was certainly very impressed with what I saw of Greg Tempest at Swindon and Bournemouth, and Hayden Hollis at Crawley. Thats the only time I've seen them in the flesh.

I see Jim Rodwell also said in his #AskRodwell chatroom on the website earlier that Joss Labadie has essentially agreed to sign a contract, he just needs to actually sign it. He dosent however expect Alan Sheehan to stay which is sad, but we wish him all the very best wherever he goes.

Jim also mentioned that we are hoping to announce a few signings in due course, its just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. :)

Youth is the way forwards for a club like us. Bring on the 2013-14 season. COYP :)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

For years we've wanted this, young lads who want to step up. Teams like us, we can build our future around having a good mix of youngsters and experienced players to help shape them. In a few years time it would be nice to have 50% of our squad based from our academy, much to the great work of the club, coaching staff and players. When we feature more than 5 home grown players, who we all know can only learn and improve... For me this will be worth it!

I would love us to sign 4-5 players, possibly more but I would hope that Tempest and co are good enough to warrant the test.

Those who don't strive, will only lose out and so they have a lot to gain.

Joss will be a welcomed signing, he deserves a chance to cement a regular position. I heard on Twitter that Alan Sheehan's left, I felt this would be the case but I had hoped he would sign. I think the others should sign, including Arquin who might be more use than people think this season.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It'll be great to see Nottingham lads playing for Notts. I just hope we make some decent experienced signings to complement the youth.

Hope Sheehan doesn't go, I think he has a lot to offer.

Archived