Idle

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,999
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I feel sorry for Ray, 100k transfer fee frittered away

You should never rush with your investments, also possibly why he wasn't happy last year but I will always say the money could have been spent on 'sealing' promotion by being put to use more effectively.

It was a gamble that could have paid off.

However much unlikely I fault it would be, I think Notts must try to recoup some of the money or put him to use. I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him, as he doesn't do much on the pitch to win people over and he's not a player we have the luxury to stand by when he isn't playing well. It will be an insult if we allow him to go for free, further proving the fee was never justifiable (Did Ricardo actually want the 150k spent on a striker?) nobody will know but hey.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Seems a different approach from JS to Izale than when it was rumoured John Stead was wanted north of the boarder he said he was going nowhere and would play a big part this season , the above statement about Izale seems to imply he could go , well I was hoping things were all going well he was in the fold and we could expect better from him this season , if not move him on asap if at all possible, and invest in another forward and a CB , I'm still optimistic and looking forward to the season , COYP

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,999
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

3 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Seems a different approach from JS to Izale than when it was rumoured John Stead was wanted north of the boarder he said he was going nowhere and would play a big part this season , the above statement about Izale seems to imply he could go , well I was hoping things were all going well he was in the fold and we could expect better from him this season , if not move him on asap if at all possible, and invest in another forward and a CB , I'm still optimistic and looking forward to the season , COYP

I wonder if John Sheridan isn't impressed with his attitude/training.

Personally, I wouldn't have been so bothered if Jon Stead had left when he was rumoured to be linked elsewhere. He's a good work horse though, he gives 100% and you know what to expect - on the other hand with Izale McLeod nobody does, I doubt even he knows.

The guy has everything to be successful, bar the mind strength and mentality of a professional player.

I think much of it is down to 'caring' but he seems to go from one club, to another for the exact same reason as the last. I really think him trying to win more fans over would help, potentially get him playing the crowd but Sheridan cannot devote too much time to McLeod. There was a point where he made me feel I had him all wrong, I wished he would do that again because he did produce some good performances but you can't praise someone who doesn't have the self-worth to do well.

Personally  I think with John Stead its not just on the pitch where JS likes him it's off the pitch as in attitude and professionalism , if that's where Izale is lacking its a shame , and one day he'll look back and maybe have regrets for a career that could have been so much better and so much more rewarding, in JS we trust and what will be will be , COYP

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  2

I'm assuming that this was stated to Izale before the friendlies. Every friendly I saw Izale in (which was admittedly 2) he's looked fired up in and been committed to the cause. I think Sheridan is basically saying that Izale is too good to be sitting on the bench so if Izale can go elsewhere for guaranteed first team football he won't stop him but he is currently facing  a battle to be first pick. From what I've seen, Izale looks up for the challenge of getting his place back to be honest and I think Sheridan is motivating him to do so

I hope you have hit the nail on the head @Melikepie that would be a good outcome for sure , will we see for sure in the coming weeks .

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

The fact that Sheridan is saying things like that before the season even starts indicates that Izale won't be high up the pecking order. I expect him to be sitting on the bench at Yeovil.

It won't be hard to find a taker, loads of clubs would be willing to take a chance on a player with his goalscoring record. On the other hand, his wage demands may be a problem as I expect he's on a fair whack at Notts.

I wouldn't get too hung up on getting a transfer fee for him. Assuming he's on 4k a week (a conservative estimate compared to some I've seen), even a free transfer would free up 200k, probably more. Ray Trew might lose face, but he's probably used to that by now ;)

Archived