Ratings Notts v Wycombe

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Collin 4  - Not a lot to do, except pick the ball out of his net. Reminds me of Seamus, knowing we have a keeper that's not good enough. Time for Loach
Laing 4 - Cannot see him lasting pass January, though given a choice, Duffy should be ahead of him in the queue to leave.
Duffy 3 - Obvious now why he went to Eastleigh. Should have stayed there 
Hollis 3 - Out jumped by the "lump"
Dickinson 3 - MoftM??? Too slow, holds the whole team back as he has no pace.
Tootle 4 - No pace, little quality, should be imposing himself on games like this but fails miserably. Still cannot hit the target.
O'Connor 5 - Sending off appeared to be given by 4th Official who was in no position to see from that angle. Christmas at home with the family?
Milsom 5 - Would make a more solid left back. My MotM but doesn't say much for the others
Campbell 3  - Hardly in the game
Stead 5.5 - Good that he is back. Only possible goal threat.
Forte 4 - Lacking confidence. Needed to get into game more to offer options to receive the ball

Substitutes
Oliver 3 - Wins headers to nowhere in particular. Never a goal threat.
Richards 4 - needs to step up to the plate and take responsibility to make things happen. Some older pros around him, not fit to wear the shirt
Collins 3 -  Just doesn't have a good touch.

Crossley... is he Abbott in disguise? Just feel there is no technical training happening? Defensively woeful, other teams seem to have a game plan. We have nothing.

Sheridan. Seemed to set the team up to start brightly for the first time in ages. Downhill from then on. I get angry that his "picks" seem un-droppable. Utter refusal to give our Youth their chance. Wildin has too start.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Give youth it's chance for crying out loud yes , energy a desire to impress , ability to learn , let's see if they can take a first team chance by the scruff of the neck and do better than some of the shower with the shirt , nervous though putting them into a struggling team with shot confidence , what a mess .

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was told by various Notts fans we deserved to win, among how bad the referee was etc.

Spoke to two Wycombe fans via Twitter, one mentioned how we looked very poor in all departments bar our breaks and the other even agreed the referee was very poor (from what a relative saw). I always say, referee's don't stop good teams and any that struggle this much has bigger problems. We need to energy into the mix as @Who r ya?? You Pies!! says but come January we need quality which doesn't seem likely to happen.

If we don't make any signings, as I have warned I see this continuing and the rot will take firm grip. The only positive is that my wife says we'll be fine, it will be like previous season where we narrowly avoid it but what about next season?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I was told by various Notts fans we deserved to win, among how bad the referee was etc.
Spoke to two Wycombe fans via Twitter, one mentioned how we looked very poor in all departments bar our breaks and the other even agreed the referee was very poor (from what a relative saw). I always say, referee's don't stop good teams and any that struggle this much has bigger problems. We need to energy into the mix as @Who r ya?? You Pies!! says but come January we need quality which doesn't seem likely to happen.
If we don't make any signings, as I have warned I see this continuing and the rot will take firm grip. The only positive is that my wife says we'll be fine, it will be like previous season where we narrowly avoid it but what about next season?

The referee was truly awful and was partly responsible for our defeat, but we were poor after the first half hour. We might have deserved a draw but not a win. What worries me is this is the worst league I have ever seen this season. To be at the bottom is inexcusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

I'd agree with @Piethagoram , Milsom as MOTM. I think Richards did show some energy and fight when he came on, two or three times he had to run thirty yards to receive a throw-in, other Notts players were stood still.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

1 hour ago, ivansneck said:

The referee was truly awful and was partly responsible for our defeat, but we were poor after the first half hour. We might have deserved a draw but not a win. What worries me is this is the worst league I have ever seen this season. To be at the bottom is inexcusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought we were the better side until they scored, we created a few reasonable chances and kept them at bay easily.  But then came the inevitable gift goal - how did Akinfenwa get so much time and space to pick his spot from a routine cross?  All of our good work was undone in an instant, but an instant that happens far too often.  The O'Connor red card obviously made things much more difficult, and as awful as the ref was it's hard to blame him when their keeper didn't have a single save to make.  We are in big trouble, mainly because we have a losing mentality that means the opposition don't have to be anything more than ordinary to beat us.  I wish I knew the answer, but I honestly don't have a clue.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I had Tootle for the first half as MoM and Milsom for the 2nd.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Having only seen this game via the highlights i think its unfair to give Duffy the low marks he got, he looked to me like the only one who knew the basics of defending and several times he came to our rescue with last ditch clearances etc, our whole back four have no cohesion and no understanding of where each other are.

Numerous times you can see Duffy is screaming at Hollis & Laing and they are just not listening, they need to understand the art of defending is about presence and positioning more than kicking and heading it.

Take their first goal as the prime example, when the cross comes in Hollis should have already dropped onto Akinfenwa's toes giving him no where to move yet he just waits in the middle trying to head thin air.

Archived