Notts Sign 3 Year Deal With The Bbc

Chris

Notts County are delighted to announce that the club have signed a new three-year deal with BBC Radio

Nottingham to broadcast all home and away fixtures, starting from the forthcoming season...
The deal extends a long-running partnership between the club and BBC Radio Nottingham and means that Magpie Player subscribers will be able to listen live to every game for the next three seasons live.

Head of Media Jamie Dixon told the Official Site: “We are thrilled to keep the long standing partnership with BBC Radio Nottingham going.

Full Article

No surprise and nothing exactly major or new, still it's pleasant to see. There's many games going to other types of stations these days, so with that in mind.. I am glad to read this :)

Thoughts

Supporter+

Yes I'm pleased about this, I always listen to Uncle Colin for away matches, I know he has a lot of criticism but for me he is Mr. notts County and I can't imagine any one else commentating on Notts.

Interestingly there are rumours that F***st can't reach agreement with radio red so perhaps they will become radio black and white?

Supporter+

I reckon Super is a closet Notts fan.

No but very close to my Heart,so yes really but 2nd only to The Rams.

Supporter+

No but very close to my Heart,so yes really but 2nd only to The Rams.

Good for you mate.

I hope Super Ram will join me and Jake for a couple of games (as I plan to bring my mum also).

I don't feel the Bury match was a fair game to get the 'Notts' experience from. It would be more relaxed and less cold, especially if we went at the right time. :)

Also, I'm glad we signed the deal. As I mentioned, I do not like these stations which pop up and try to compete with the audience by taking things like football coverage, the only station I do enjoy is Absolute Radio but I don't listen to their football coverage. Ian Wright also tends to get on my nerves these days, which Super Ram might find hard to believe.

They tend to get well known ex players to sell the coverage, with Uncle Colin we have a true radio speaker and although he makes mistakes.. I can assure that I would and others most likely too.

it would be nice if he continues until he can't, aslong as he doesn't put his health at risk.

Supporter+

I've just read on twitter that F***est have now reached agreement, shame about that.

I'd rather listen to a committed football fan doing a commentary any day.I want to be told exactly what's happening in as unbiased a way as possible..I do not want to hear all doom and gloom if things aren't going to plan nor do I want any false hopes when playing well. Constructive criticism not Bulls**t(the florist bloke drives me bananas)

Supporter+

I'd rather listen to a committed football fan doing a commentary any day.I want to be told exactly what's happening in as unbiased a way as possible..I do not want to hear all doom and gloom if things aren't going to plan nor do I want any false hopes when playing well. Constructive criticism not Bulls**t(the florist bloke drives me bananas)

Yes, I know who you mean, Colin Fray, he is like a screaming banshee when he gets excited, he drives me nuts too.

Archived