I would like to see what fans general opinions are of the following, so if you could kindly answer each of the questions - I'll see if JJ can work his magic and turn this into a feature after a few days.

Please do join in! #COYP

Q: How important will next seasons budget be for Notts and do you feel the announcement re-debt being cleared by 2022 will effect things?

Q: What would you say is Kevin Nolan's best attribute to management and why?

Q: Where do you see Notts County finishing next season and what is more important, a promotion push or stability? (if you had to choose one)

Q: Do you feel our own fans can make a further impact? If so, how? If no, why?

Q: Has the current form beaten you hopes and expectations, how did you think the season would end after Alan Hardy takeover and appointment of Kevin Nolan?

Q: How important will next seasons budget be for Notts and do you feel the announcement re-debt being cleared by 2022 will effect things?

Too simplistic to relate to the amount of the budget. Look at Accrington's average crowds, the budget which derives from that income, always seems to be well spent.  Burton, are a club to be admired, relatively low crowds for a presumably low budget. I would rather spend some of the budget on scouting, just to ensure we get the recruitment right first time.

As regards clearing the debt by 2022, Raymondo  began by saying the club needs to be self financing. The reality is very different. Only in the Championship, where Midland derbies are more likely, would the club come anywhere near self sufficient financially.

Picking Richard Thomas as Assistant Manager. Nolan's positivity is a big plus. It was interesting that Alan mentioned on Radio Red, that Nolan was the only candidate who thought the squad was good enough to stay up. So what do I know, in hindsight!!!

Q: Where do you see Notts County finishing next season and what is more important, a promotion push or stability? (if you had to choose one)

Stability in the first instance. An improvement in recruitment determines whether we will be challenging for promotion. Key positions as Left Back, Goalkeeper, Winger, Striker needs sorting.

Higher attendances equals more revenue. A feel good attitude makes a difference. Under a certain someone, I for the first time in 50 years of supporting, maybe wanted Notts to lose just  to get rid of the undertaker.

Q: Has the current form beaten you hopes and expectations, how did you think the season would end after Alan Hardy takeover and appointment of Kevin Nolan?

My choice would have been David Flitcroft as manager. What has been proved to be a success, is the owner and manager in tandem, preaching positivity. Immense credit to Alan to sorting out the financial spaghetti and getting the transfer embargo lifted in a difficult timeframe. Still worried that some financial "pot holes" still litter the road ahead

Good idea!

Q: How important will next seasons budget be for Notts and do you feel the announcement re-debt being cleared by 2022 will affect things?

Every new owner we have announces when we are going to be debt-free and it never happens. So I always regard that as pie in the sky, frankly. If the debts are manageable then everything is OK. As for the budget, of course it is important but it isn't the be-all and end-all. We also need to change how we spend money. Notts have underachieved in relation to spending for years.

Looking in from the outside, I would say his positivity. Before him and AH Notts were a club plagued by sniping, backbiting and fear. KN has drawn a line under that and enabled players to enjoy themselves again.

A promotion push of course. Football is about success and glory, not trying to finish 12th. And if we stay in this division too long we will wither on the vine. On top of that if F*rest's impending arrival in the third tier - what a boost it would be for us to finally be in the same division again! Obviously I can't make any predictions whether we'll be in the mix as I don't know what the squad will look like, but Kevin Nolan is someone players want to play for and he'll likely have a few quid to spend too, so I don't see why not.

Yes, by getting behind the team and making Meadow Lane an intimidating place to visit. And refs have been known to be influenced by the crowd too ;)

Yes, I thought it'd be a struggle to the wire at best. Nolan had a decent record at Orient but he was inexperienced and had an almighty mess to deal with. He could hardly have done any better. Well done to all involved!

Archived