Favourite Football Songs?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I can remember Joe posting a on the PON facebook page a while back asking people if they had any favourite football chants and as I remember it got a fairly good response. Thought I'd ask on here, are there any particular club songs that people like or just chants in general? Dont have to be County related. There are a lot of songs I like.

I especially like a lot of the Glasgow Rangers chants. I think they're some of the best fans in the UK when it comes to atmosphere. Thankfully they seem to have eradicated most of the secterian songs.

I like this chant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3S7wBlp41A

Their pre-match song Penny Arcade is good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rDZqFNPIQ

Think my favourite club song is Hibernian's Sunshine On Leith, its beutiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YXmLE9K-S4

And Sheffield United's Greasy Chip Butty song is great, got to be one of the most creative songs about lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA14bKuuSms

Cant not mention Liverpool's Fields of Anfield Road either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_BGkFYHG5Y

What do other people like then :)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I like the one that goes

"Have we told you lately Hateley that we love you"

@super_ram will start you off...........all together now, after three.................................. :joker:

"We love you, we love you, we love you... and when you play we follow, we follow...Cause we all love the Hately, the Hately, and thats the way we like it, we like it" :rolleyes:

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

County's the team for me! You can't beat it :)

I thought we had discussed football songs, I seem to recall 2pies mentioning his username but this is cool. I like quite a few football songs, most recently 'Waving Flag'. When it first started getting playing it annoyed me, then Fifa used it for their game of the contest and it was playing more often. It just sunk in! On top of that Jake used to sing it which was very cute.

Yeah I remember that wavin' flag song mate, 2010 world cup song wasent it? I was the same as you, didnt really like it at first but it grew on me. You still cant beat carnival de paris, atlhough the old bagpies solo on Weymouth's rotten PA system sounds....different

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yeah I remember that wavin' flag song mate, 2010 world cup song wasent it? I was the same as you, didnt really like it at first but it grew on me. You still cant beat carnival de paris, atlhough the old bagpies solo on Weymouth's rotten PA system sounds....different

Yes, 2010 World Cup in Africa.

The song was written and released to have a much different meaning, the African F.A approached K'NAAN and they re-released a slightly different but much better version in my opinion. The video gave me goosebumps and often shivered with excitement - watching the well put together video of the squads/clips, I think just made it all the more epic and ultimately what won me over.

PA systems huh! It's a shame but they're not much better in the football league. You will know this better than me though ;)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I love it when the grandkids sing The Wheelbarrow song.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

wow!! great videos.

i wished people would get into the spirit more at notts, it would be an awesome experience! think we should try but i'm not sure many would. our chants fall quiet very easily and you look like a n*b if you continue singing.

I agree Liam, you dont even need a full stand of people to create an atmosphere, just better and more songs really. I've made up quite a few in my mind (something I do when I'm bored) lol

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I don't really have any favourite football songs but I loved it when the chant of 'Derby,Derby,Derby' started and spread with increasing volume around the old Baseball Ground.I'm certain it lifted our players and put the oppostion off.I wish the same would happen with Notts.It must inspire players when they hear their fans making a lot of noise and getting behind their team.

Archived