Five things we have learned so far during the 17/18 season?

Chris

Can you name five things that you have learned so far during the 2017/2018 season from a Notts County perspective?

Use the template above to list your answers, please do try to explain the thoughts behind it - I think this will be interesting. Lets try to keep this constructive, yet don't be afraid of being branded as negative.

1. Notts County can achieve when they put their minds to it and work hard.
  2. Poor performances doesn't necessary mean they will end in defeat.
  3. Kevin Nolan doesn't like any type of criticism.
  4. The club is under steady ownership now and prepared to move forward wisely
  5. Fans just want to see the club succeed and will show support when its warranted.

Majority of this is pretty much obvious, however in recent years we can be forgiven for forgetting.

1) Previous seasons we haven't really worked past the slumps, our performance and form has generally been the thing which has held us back - I'm hopefully we can avoid saying 'Mansfield is where our season went down hill' again.

2) We haven't played pretty football all season, there's been good spells and the odd game where we have played very well. It's the team spirit and togetherness which helped propel the club forward, so I hope people can acknowledge this.

3) Some managers don't, some use it as a way to improve and learn from - it's early days but I think it's clear and obvious to say that he doesn't like it at all. For me this could be the one thing which prevents him from having a successful career because aside from the odd gripe, you really need to move on. Hopefully the post match interview highlights he has done this!

4) Obvious, the club wants to move forward and a lot of hard work has gone into this area to ensure its happening. Let's continue it.

5) Not all fans who share their views are negative, I know there's a section of fans that believe this is the case - but I honestly feel some are the type that complain needlessly at times (I have notice some traits myself) but really we shouldn't argue amongst ourselves. Fans want to see the club succeed, and the support is shown regardless.

1. We now for the first time is as long as I care to remember have a club that we can all be rightly proud of.

2. We (upto this point) have struggled for a plan B now that opposing teams have figured us out

3. Kevin Nolan has lost a lot of the respect he had from supporters for his comments to the media

4. We still need another centre half

5. Our tipping point with stay away / stray fans tipped the wrong way with our ridiculous performance against Forest Green Rovers

1. Alan Hardy and the club as a whole are performing miracles with how the club is run and the community activities put fellow clubs to shame

2. We have no plan B, we just hoof it high EVERY time and opposing clubs have figured out if you throttle our two centre forwards then our game plan is gone

3. What does he expect us to do? God worship him for the start to the season and ignore the fact that we are a pedestrian one plan team who HOOF it at every given opportunity under the guise of "play football in the right areas".

4. FFS anyone who has seen us play last / this season could see that we needed two centre halves. we've got one (Brisley), what about the other one?

5. That was our opportunity to entertain a mass crowd and retain a lot of those fans, what we did was loose even more fans that have got bored with our impression of the Peter Kay John Smiths advert "av it - HOOF"

Archived