Overachievers and underacheivers in League Two

ARLukomski

As the title says, what teams do you think have overachieved and underachieved this season

Overachieved - Accrington and Wycombe come to mind but they have built their teams over the last few years and this season, they both finally got there. Newport definitely with their budget. Crawley as well, as they have had a manager, a season since returning to League Two and they couldn't score goals at all in the early months of the season

Underachieved - Mansfield without doubt. One of the biggest budgets in the league and failed to make play-offs. Swindon also for the same reasons. Stevenage had one of the best strike partnerships in the league with Godden and Newton but only finished 16th. Forest Green promised a lot and only just stayed up

I think Accrington have built a decent squad, previously I would never have taken them seriously at all but I do feel they've earned the title.

Underachieved must be Coventry, they should have stormed the league in my opinion and failing to do so hasn't done themselves any favours. I think Chesterfield have underperformed, they have a squad capable of doing fairly okay but have self-destruct.

FGR never had a good squad for me, they have a good midfield but no class behind it.

They certainly performed as to how I personally expected, in fact I think they're lucky not to have gone down. All this talk about Noble being their star player, well they haven't missed him at all.

Archived