Become A Matchday Flag Bearer

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This is a very welcomed aspect to Match Days! How perfect to welcome our little Magpies into Meadow Lane, this will hopefully progress to be a very popular addition.

Notts County fans may have noticed an addition to our matchday experience for the Peterborough United game in the form of our new flag bearers…

You can give a junior Notts County fan the chance to become a big part of a matchday here at Meadow Lane for our future games, including Stevenage, who visit on Saturday 24 August. 

At every home match, flag bearers will welcome the team onto the pitch before kick-off before returning to their seat to cheer on the Magpies from the stands.

Becoming a flag bearer also allows access to the Man of the Match presentations in Wheeler's Suite after the full time whistle, along with two guests.

Full Article | Here

Something for @tonyhateley and his traveling band of merry grandchildren. :)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It's a great idea and it was lovely to see the little ones with their flags but I'm a tad disappointed that they feel the need to charge £20 for the privilege of waving a flag when the players come out. I know the club needs to generate income but this will mean that lots of junior magpie fans' parent's/carers will not be able to afford it. The matchday experience is already very expensive for some without spending another 20 quid on top.

I noticed one little girl was a bit overcome by it and ended up crying and running off to find her Dad/Grandad, luckily they let him come on the pitch with her otherwise that would have been a complete waste of money.

What do others think?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

i see what Tony means but for a one off i would.

think it could be worse.

might introduce some of my younger family members and take this up.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

It is a nice way to get kids onto the pitch and into notts county, but there will only be a certain amount of families being able to afford it. I would hope that if the child doesn't feel upto going out... they give them the money back, but i can't see that happening. It would be a great experience for them as a one off though.

Archived