Today's The Day

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Today is the day that my 5 year old Grandson makes his first (I hope) visit to Meadow Lane.

It is something I have dreamt of for a long time our eldest Grandchildren lived away so I never got chance to introduce them to the highs and lows of being a 'Pie.

So this will be really special for me, it can go one of two ways, he will either hate it and after five minutes proclaim in a loud voice that "this is boring I want to go home" or he'll love every minute and when it's finished say "that was great Grandad, when can I come again".

I will bring some of his books, a packet of sweets and crisps but if you see a dejected old(ish) man dragging a screaming 5 year old out if the ground after 10 minutes you will know which option George took.

Wish me luck.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I hope you both have a brilliant day.I bet George is excited.Good luck!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Back in the 80's my mate Ken,from Derby, took  his young daughter,Hazel, to a match as his older son was ill.Derby won 7-0.Hazel's verdict-BORING

Hope you both have a great day,good luck. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It would have been nice to say hello, although I think George will need to come more often. Glad you had a great day! I went straight to your FB page when I got home :)

Supporter+

I didn't really want to take George in the MLSB, as I thought it would be a bit crowded.

I will bring George again if he wants to come and there is a suitable game, it was certainly a good game to take him to I couldn't have wished for better. He did well to sit for so long, his mum and dad are in Las Vegas at the moment but contacted me to see how he liked it, he'll have a story to tell when they get back.

What was his verdict,Tony?

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I hope George liked it. It was certainly the right way to end his first game. I don't tend to take books for the kids anymore... just a few snacks, they seem to entertain each other pretty well, but there is 3 of them :)

Supporter+

His verdict was a bit mixed really. We got there really early and I thought he might enjoy seeing the players warm up etc. but with still 45 mins to go before kick off he said he was bored.

He soon perked up as more people came into the ground, MagpieJue arrived with FOUR generations of her family, which was lovely to see, her Grandaughter sat next to George and they were soon sharing sweets.

As for the game he seemed interested but every time we scored he put his hands over his ears. Taking comics was probably a mistake as he wanted me to read to him during the match. One amusing moment was when he asked which one the referee was, I described him and jokingly said he had a white stck, George said he had spotted him but couldn't see his white stick, lol.

When we got home he was telling Granny all about it but said it was very noisy, he was still full of it when we put him to bed (he is staying with us while mum and dad are away) so all in all I think he liked it, he said he wanted to go again anyway.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds like everyone had a good time.I bet George will soon be pestering to go again.

I'm pleased George enjoyed his first match experience.He'll get used to the noise and will be joining in before too long.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Glad he enjoyed it, glad we won too. I'd have been conerned had we lost and the atmosphere turned hostile towards Chris and the team. I remember the first time I went I was worried about how noisy it might be, but in the end I actually liked the noisy atmosphere in the JS stand (back then the Kop was given to away fans). Glad you both had a good day. YP

Supporter+

I don't know why the noise affected him, he can be as loud as anything when he wants. Normally first thing in the morning when Grandad is feeling a bit frail.

Archived