Favourite game & Best experience

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

For some of our fans this will no doubt be the same game but for me it's not that simple.There's many games in which I have to battle with to determine which is exactly my favourite and best experience. As a young fan, I attended games with my grandfather who was a proud nottighamshire man. I have him to thank for introducing me to the mighty magpies.

My favourite game;

Notts County vs Ascoli

I have to admit, the finals we made would always be up there. It was a special feeling and it felt much more important than that of a throphy which was dying in terms of interest. If this game wasn't, the cloest would be the play-off final we made and that would be for a very similar reason to this.

Amazing atmosphere, you simply cannot beat a trip to the old wembley.

Best Experience

Nottm Forest vs Notts County (League Cup 2011)

This is a funny one for me, as it's the first 'real' derby game between forest that I've actually attended. It's also a game I went without my Wife and Daughters (Though if forest did permit my youngest two they would of been there with us) My son was very excited, we actually went down with plenty of time as I was concerned by the rioting but this wouldn't of put me off regardless. It felt like a final! We was in cloud nine, I couldn't watch the penalty shoot out. It's much harder to witness in person! the time's I said it's nothing to bother about when England had to face them but this was much more than pride at stake.

So what was yours? feel free to share.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

So many memories from my spectating days but 3 spring to mind straight away-Rams 3-Benfica 0 Magic.Rams 4 -Real Madrid 0.More magic.What an atmosphere at the old Baseball Ground.And of course 1979 Rams 4-florist 1.What a way to silence the red dogs.Absolute heaven.Obviously I wish I could have been at the shitty ground last season when we gave florists a goal start and had our goallie sent off but still won 2-1.So sweet.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

i'm not sure on my exact favourite game but when there was a pitch invasion when we got promoted to league one was.the most memorable.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

My favorite game for which I was in attendence was in January 2007, we beat Torquay United 5-2. It was the last time I wacthed us before we moved to Weymouth the following week. Last season I went back for the first time since we moved. That win had put us up to 6th yet once we moved we went on a pretty poor run and finished about 13th!

One game I'll always remember is when we drew 2-2 with Bury on the last day of the season to stay up. I'd wanted to go quite badly but at the time, my mum wasent big on footy so I had to be content with watching Soccer Saturday. Oh and that was at a friends house, and both he and his old man are reds!

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

It's a tough question.

I have been lucky to of managed to see quite a few Champions League games, think they're more special compared to regular matches as the chance to sight see and watch a totally different style of football is refreshing.

2002/2003 when we beat Juventus 3 goals to 0.

The only time I have been over to watch United play in Italy and I've said this somewhere else in this community, Juventus are very good hosts.

A close second would be the year we won Millwall in the final of the FA Cup. 2004 if I am correct!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

Notts vs wycombe few years ago last game of season we needed 2 win to stay in the league and beat them 1 - 0

The same! Richard Butcher scored from a poor pass out from their goal kick. Incredible game that was!

Archived