Christmas Presents

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Ok it's well into December now so I think I can mention the C word without any fear of reprimand.

Mrs. H. and I have been married for 38 years now and at Christmas time we run out of ideas what to buy each other so last year we had the bright idea of buying a present for ourselves but not telling each other what it is we are buying. This way we get what we really want and we get a surprise when we see what the other half has bought.

Christmas morning last year I opened Mrs. H's present to herself and she opened mine, neither knew what we were opening.

So we had the bizarre sight of me opening a sewing machine and Mrs. H opened my ipod.

We thought it was such a good idea we are doing it again this year. Does anyone else do this or is it just us that are crazy?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

I buy my own presents and then try to find random members of my, very small, family to buy them and give them to me. Over the last few years I have managed to persuade my wife to do the same thing.

There is sometimes the occasional, minor surprise - but I just don't trust other folks to buy books, cd's, dvd's, clothes etc - simpler and more practical to get what you want!

That might seem a bit weird, but it works.

(BTW: My family are small in numbers, not necessarily, in size or height).

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

We actually still provide potential present buyers with a list, of course most of the time you  have to even tell them where to buy it.

so this year Mrs PTID has: Kindle FIre HD, Dressing Gown, Woolly Poncho, Bubble Bath, Chocolates, A westie cup and T pot for one set, Tapas cookbook, and some Laura Ashley stuff for the bathroom, A dustpan and brush (which I'll give her first, if xmas did faces, this one should be priceless). Then  her stocking with small stuff in it. nail file boards, single GnT can, scrunchie, deo, etc etc

I actually asked for my new book Steak Diana Ross, (which I know has arrived) and a plant labeller. So we shall see. 

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Myself and Cheeky don't really get things for ourselves, I'm pretty awkward and would rather spend time with family as for me this is more 'value' than anything which can be bought for me. This said, I am very happy and show my appreciation when people do buy me something. I just prefer money to be saved and for things to be simple :)

I do like my technology though...

Archived