- Comment on the Richard Montague interview here
- Who should be recruited in January? Read this excellent recruitment doc from member ARLukomski
- PoN member McPie asks have we progressed under Martin Paterson? Join the conversation here.
- PoN member theAnticlough poses a new set of questions about the team, click here.
- Notts confirm Belshaw signing
- 👋🏻 Welcome the newest members of Pride of Nottingham! Drop by and say hello, it’s always great to see fresh faces joining the community. 🫱🏼🫲🏼
- 👀 Check out our activity stream to see the latest content as it happens live. Join in with the conversation on Pride of Nottingham.
- Got thoughts on Notts? Share them and help Pride of Nottingham hit its content target! 🏁
- Reply to and read discussions without leaving your screen. Check out the Pride of Nottingham 'Topic Feed', which brings you all the latest content from our community forum in one place.
Everything posted by Pies79
-
Does Notts have an emergency Striker?
The emergency striker may have to be Junior Morias now that he is back off loan.
-
Matt Saunders leaves
Is this a good thing? Is it not worrying that we have lost two members of the coaching staff mid season and the impact it may have on performance going forward?
-
George Abbott signs...
Yes good news, who knows, if we get promoted, Spurs may agree to let him stay a little longer in league 1, with different challenges and further career progression and development.
-
Where are they now? Josh Martin
Yes good luck to him, I hope he manages to get a permanent deal, for a longer period of time soon.
-
Match Discussion: Game 27 - The Owd Reds (A)
Some new guys, with Johnson in defence due to current injuries and give Jarvis a go. Some returning from injuries, such as Edwards or maybe Jones here, more central and maybe Tsaroulla or Mrtin on the left?
-
Rumour: Crowley going to MK Dons?
Very disappointed that he would leave for another league 2 team. Therefore it seems like it must be for the money, as currently we look more likely to be promoted than The Dons.
-
Josh Martin: Stay or Go?
Yes, I think he should stay, as others have said, he now seems to have settled in a bit and picked up some form in recent games.
-
Cedwyn Scott leaves Notts for Carlisle United
Very sad to see him go. I was hoping he would stay and fight for a first team place and try to prove himself. That being said, I wish him all the best at Carlisle and hope he can perhaps help to keep them in league 2.
-
Ryley Reynolds on loan to Kidderminster
Maybe after the subdued performance against Salford and lack of creativity, we should have brought Ryley back to playing for the first team. When he has played for us, he has shown drive, speed and creativity, which we seem to be currently lacking.
-
January 25 Transfer Window.
There has been mention of looking at the Irish league and non-league players but out of interest how do the Scottish league levels compare to the English divisions? And could there be any players of interest north of the border?
-
Jatta called up
Yes I am sure we will have enough up from to get by crewe with a mixture of McGoldrick, Brown and Scott. Not sure if we have seen Brown and Scott play together, with Brown's passing and assisting efforts it could be a good opportunity for Scott, along with the build in confidence from his goal against Leicester.
-
Jodi Jones Injury
This is a real blow. As I still feel that there are not that many players that can pick the ball up and drive forward the way he can. At least the squad is stronger than it was last year and so hopefully the impact of his absence will be felt less. It is positive that he should be back in January and not out for longer, the guys a legend and what a positive statement from him.
-
Jodi Jones Injury
It is a worry with several players injured already. The squad is definitely stronger and therefore can counter the impact of injured players better. But still, after watching yesterday's game, it still seems that the key players to hold the ball and drive forward are few, such as Jones, Crowly and Tsaroulla and with one of them potentially out for a bit, do we need more players to take up this mental and attitude of driving forwards?
-
Match Discussion: Game 3 - The Mariners (H)
I would definitely like to see Tsaroulla start, as I thought he was very impressive. I would like Robertson and Plamer to start in midfield but going by what Maynard had said Previously, I think Palmer will being coming on as sub for a few more games before he starts. I would also quite like to see Gordon start, where I am not sure, but maybe as right wingback, Tsaroulla at left wingback, Platt, Bedeau and Macari across the back, with Jones sat between the midfielders and the forwards.
-
Match Discussion: Game 2 - The Fishermen (H)
Nick Tsaroulla put in a great shift from when he came on. Moving forwards, good runs, passing and tackles. First I have seen of him and was very impressed. Great to see Matty Palmer back!
-
The Nest/Fan Zone: Update.
Not sure if the query about whether Notts would charge fans on match day to enter The Nest has already been answered. Butbi collected my season ticket today and on the leaflet that comes with it, it states "we're excited to offer the Nest as a best in class pre and post match destination. Access is from Ironmonger Road and entry is free. ????
-
Match Discussion: PSF - The Posh (A)
I was feeling more positive about the season but following the recent pre season performances and results I am not as confident. I thought the defence had been strengthened but we have conceded quite a few goals in the last few games, some late on and own goals which is worrying. Alongside this, goals are generally not seeming as easy to come by. Last season we scores a lot and conceded a lot, arw we now going to conceded a lot and not score as many? I was hoping that Scott would start to make his mark and get his name on the score sheet but this hasn't happened although Jatta and Didzy have now scored a few, which is good, but as others have stated I would like to see the introduction of another striker as another option.
-
Match Discussion: PSF - The Pilgrims (A)
I am a bit loss for words. I know these are only pre season games but I really thought we would look al ot stronger defensively and we would have had more consistent results through the pre season, and by this stage, we would have been winning at least the last two games against York and Boston. Currently feeling a little unsure about the season ahead. Hopefully it is just down to the changes and taking a little time to gel as a unit.
-
predicted number of matches you may attend in the 2024-25 season
Hopefully we will be able to attend all of the home games with the exception of a couple due to being away. For away games, Hopefully get to attend at least a few. First away game done, as we went up to York for the pre season friendly.
-
Mahovo joins Norwich
Best of luck to the lad. But for county including the departure of Macca, and including both Stone and Randall, is that now 14 out this summer and 6 in? There has to be more incoming and definitely a new striker
-
Mahovo joins Norwich
I am still really confused and concerned. I know I did mention this before about having quite a thin squad in paper last season but we now have an even thinner squad currently for this season. It looks as though, with the new signings etc we will have a strong starting line up but if we have any injuries etc It looks like we may now have issues. To echo others, most of the off season news has been positive but the last week of news with further players leaving permanently or longer term loan is very worrying as we are losing depth to the quad. Even if the players aren't the best we do need people in reserve rather then no one.